OP
PrincessGumdrop

PrincessGumdrop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a Biocube. It was a great little tank that I bought used. I ran it for 4-5 years before upgrading and then used it as a QT tank before selling it. There were some great accessories made for them like media racks if you're willing to spend a bit vs using egg crate. In my case, I used an LED retrofit kit and was able to keep and grow any corals including a couple acro's if I put them right at the top.

Highly suggest an ATO. Stability is key and on nano's it can be hard to manage. Plus, 2 gallons can last a couple of weeks depending on where you live lol!

Good luck!

Looking into an ato as well. I noticed a drop in my tank already it's been going 2 days. I top off with freshwater?

OP
OP
PrincessGumdrop

PrincessGumdrop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a Biocube. It was a great little tank that I bought used. I ran it for 4-5 years before upgrading and then used it as a QT tank before selling it. There were some great accessories made for them like media racks if you're willing to spend a bit vs using egg crate. In my case, I used an LED retrofit kit and was able to keep and grow any corals including a couple acro's if I put them right at the top.

Highly suggest an ATO. Stability is key and on nano's it can be hard to manage. Plus, 2 gallons can last a couple of weeks depending on where you live lol!

Good luck!

Looking into an ato as well. Do you suggest onenover the other? I noticed a drop in my tank already it's been going 2 days. I top off with freshwater?

OP
OP
PrincessGumdrop

PrincessGumdrop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night time... daytime!

d7d77db007a9c09cd50ef789ddabc0fb.jpg
311038f71f5f1a6e12387317a57dd21d.jpg

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into an ato as well. Do you suggest onenover the other? I noticed a drop in my tank already it's been going 2 days. I top off with freshwater?
I currently use a Tunze ATO and I've been very happy with it. I used a Hydor(I think they make/made it) Smart ATO that worked okay, but not as well as the Tunze. Not near as expensive either. I also created my own using an Apex break out box and float switches that also was reliable.

Very difficult to go wrong with the Tunze. They make a nano version that I'm not familiar with.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They all have pros/cons. I suggest getting one for nano that will fit in the back and need as little care as possible while always working. The smart ato I have works super well until it gets dirty then it forgets to fill up.

Deathstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi a friend of mine donated their biocube 14 without the pump and lights. Would love to hear ur advice how to put this tank to life :)

Thanks.

IVAN

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back