10 years in the hobby; 1 year of true success.

Sacrifice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I was the same testing seemed like a hassle now I test alk around 4 times a week and everything else usually once a week. With the salfert a alk test takes around 2 mins to do so I told myself if I’m going to have this kind of money wrapped up in coral I can spare 20-30 min a week in testing.
Maybe if I use just Salifert I will feel more confident in my testing. Some of the tests are just difficult in my opinion, and old eyes don't help.

mr d smack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll share some alk testing from my experience

I started off with api kits, like most did back then, and found sailfert was more accurate etc…. Tried a Hanna hand held and gave it away. I then discovered LaMotte and trashed the sailfert. I won another Hanna and gave it away just cause I gave they last one away lol. Well I gave the Hanna another chance and comparing LaMotte to the Hanna I use Hanna. I still have the LaMotte and nope it’s not for sale. It never hurts to check your checker lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back