$100 OFF - The ReefBot automated water testing device is NOW available for purchase!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
PERFECT!!!

I wonder

People say API tests are not that good. (except for Calcium)
with API tests, it is HARD to decipher the color and getting the amount of water and reagents right is not extremely accurate.
When you take human error out the equation and you take the human eye out the equation, does that make API tests equal to the others?

I guess my question is...
A robot that is accurate in dosing correct amounts and stirring reagents to specific time along with a "eye" that can correctly identify color, does that make API tests accurate?
They are accurate, just don’t have high resolution. With API and Reefbot I’m sure I have 8dkh, just that it’s plus or minus a larger range than I would with salifert or Red Sea.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
What's the resolution of the Nitrate measurement? I looked at the app and it appears that the resolution is in the increments of the API test - 0, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 ppm. I kind of need more resolution than that. Anyone know?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What's the resolution of the Nitrate measurement? I looked at the app and it appears that the resolution is in the increments of the API test - 0, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 ppm. I kind of need more resolution than that. Anyone know?
On API yes, but we are adding soon another brand with 1 ppm resolution

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
On API yes, but we are adding soon another brand with 1 ppm resolution
Excellent! Do you have a time frame for the 1 ppm resolution option? And if I buy the Reefbot now do I get the upgrades necessary to perform the 1 ppm test?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Excellent! Do you have a time frame for the 1 ppm resolution option? And if I buy the Reefbot now do I get the upgrades necessary to perform the 1 ppm test?
We can’t give an exact day as we are still testing the performance over time. But It will be few days.
You’ll get all the updates as these are on our servers not on the ReefBot. Plus the ReefBot is remotely updated, firmware and software

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was trying to be able to test for
Alk
Calcium
Mag
Nitrate
Phosphate

Most tests require 2 reagents. Some require 3.
The API Alk test only requires 1 reagent.

Right now, I can test 4 things.
Alk with API...1 reagent
Calcium API...2 reagents
Mag Red Sea..3 reagents
Nitrate API....2 reagents

At the moment, it seems API is the dominate test and the only one that does nitrate.
I would like to be able to test for more. (Phosphate)
Are there any other testing reagents that only require 1 reagent so we can test for multiple things without having to change out vials?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was trying to be able to test for
Alk
Calcium
Mag
Nitrate
Phosphate

Most tests require 2 reagents. Some require 3.
The API Alk test only requires 1 reagent.

Right now, I can test 4 things.
Alk with API...1 reagent
Calcium API...2 reagents
Mag Red Sea..3 reagents
Nitrate API....2 reagents

At the moment, it seems API is the dominate test and the only one that doer nitrate.
I would like to be able to test for more.
Are there any other testing reagents that only require 1 reagent so we can test for multiple things without having to change out vials?
RedSea alkalinity is one reagent.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you schedule when you want the ReefBot to perform whatever tests you want, whenever you like?
Can you schedule to test Alk every Tuesday. Test calcium every other day. Test Mag once a month. Test nitrate every other week. All automatically?
I know you can test on demand.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you schedule when you want the ReefBot to perform whatever tests you want, whenever you like?
Can you schedule to test Alk every Tuesday. Test calcium every other day. Test Mag once a month. Test nitrate every other week. All automatically?
I know you can test on demand.
Yes you can schedule tests on demand. Every Tuesday at 3:00pm... you can check the app on the App Store or Google Play. Or the web dashboard on dashboard.reefkinetics.com

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Of the approved tests (API, etc.), how many samples can I run of each test before I need to refill the vials?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Of the approved tests (API, etc.), how many samples can I run of each test before I need to refill the vials?
It depends on each test. For example API phosphate will last for 46 tests, Salifert Alk will last around 12 tests before you'll need to refill reagent 2.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
It depends on each test. For example API phosphate will last for 46 tests, Salifert Alk will last around 12 tests before you'll need to refill reagent 2.
Do you have a list of how long each test we can use with Reefbot will last? In addition to the API PO4 and Salifert Alk.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have a list of how long each test we can use with Reefbot will last? In addition to the API PO4 and Salifert Alk.

In addition to this, how many test kits we will need to start out with. For instance, I got a new Giesemann phosphate kit, but it doesn't have enough reagent 2 to be able to run a test.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
In addition to this, how many test kits we will need to start out with. For instance, I got a new Giesemann phosphate kit, but it doesn't have enough reagent 2 to be able to run a test.
Most of them need 1 from each. Only Giesmann Po4 need 3 and Salifert Kh 2.
In addition we are working on smaller vials that fit 10ml instead of 20ml

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back