$100 OFF - The ReefBot automated water testing device is NOW available for purchase!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Uwharrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello @Dj City ,

This process is called titration.
As you can see in the attached picture, the ReefBot is pre-programed to do this tasks. The syringe will drop reagents and the sensor will read the color change after each drop.

API Kh.png
now that is very impressive!! ( that fact that it can read titration!

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Thanks, but I don't think the Giesemann Phosphate row is accurate. It uses 120 ml of reagent 2 per test? Maybe you missed a decimal. Also, it is not accurate to say that it lasts 46 tests before refilling chemicals if you can't even run 1 test with 1 brand new kit. You should state what the assumptions are for that column (is it based on filling each reagent vial to 20 ml and if so, how many test kits are needed to do that?) What is the min volume of reagents needed to run 1 test? Is the number of tests before refilling column calculated based on that min volume or calculated based off of an empty vial?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My Reefbot arrives today according to DHL.

It's funny how something can come all the way from Lebanon and get to me faster than a shipment from Minnesota.

Thanks Reef Kinetics!

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Question...

Can I set this up on my frag tank to test and the move it to my main tank when that build is complete?
Is this something I can do without having to change a whole lot?

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Have y’all thought about a way to communicate test results to apex?

MikeO5422

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I read there was an API for this device. Could RK elaborate on that? (I mean the programming interface not the test kit company :))

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Im having a problem.
I can't login to the support page on the app.
I even tried to reset my password but it won't let me.
I get this...
Screenshot_20190309-084205_ReefKinetics.jpg

I go to support, click on user manual and click on "here" but nothing happens. Nothing opens.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I read there was an API for this device. Could RK elaborate on that? (I mean the programming interface not the test kit company :))
It’s planned, but not released. That would be how Neptune folks can get data as well. They probably won’t support it seeing as how they are struggling to bring to market a (kinda) competing device.

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
O.K. I just placed the order for the ReefBot.

However, after I made the ordered, I suddenly had a thought.

So what would happen if a copepod or other small debris goes into the tank line? Since this thing is automatic, the user would not manually draw the tank water and would not be able to see if there is some debris inside the sample tank water.

If there is debris in the sample tank water, would this throw off the accuracy of the test?

Also, how do you unclog or clean the line if there is debris stuck at any point within that line (especially at the area inside the machine, not at the area of the outside line that you can remove/unplug)?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
O.K. I just placed the order for the ReefBot.

However, after I made the ordered, I suddenly had a thought.

So what would happen if a copepod or other small debris goes into the tank line? Since this thing is automatic, the user would not manually draw the tank water and would not be able to see if there is some debris inside the sample tank water.

If there is debris in the sample tank water, would this throw off the accuracy of the test?

Also, how do you unclog or clean the line if there is debris stuck at any point within that line?

The lines are only 3m long and very small id.

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
The lines are only 3m long and very small id.
That still does not answer the question of what happens if tiny copepods/tiny debris make their way into the "very small id" tubing.

Even with manual testing, you have to make sure there are no smudges/fingerprints on the vial to have accurate reading.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back