1000 lbs. of Marco Rock Ordered!

NoviReefGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm building my "bucket List" dream tank... I have been out of the hobby for over 26 years... ( i know folks will think I'm nuts) but i do have an extremely supportive and understanding wife, the resources and a lot of patience. I'm anticipating delivery of the tank in @ 3o days.. I wanted to have the rock available ( and aquascape thought out) so we can locate the closed loops ( during installation) in the ideal locations, etc..

Awaiting delivery on 1000 lbs. of Marco Rock ( @ 700 of Shelf, 200 Foundation and 100 reef saver) Also Two Pedestals. I built this PVC frame for space requirement purposes. I will cut it down to only tank dimensions ( BLUE LINES) to plan the aquascaping. Tank is 120"L x 60" W x 48" D so I'm not quite sure of the finished Hight of the aquascape; however I'm interested in learning how you all support the higher rock structure.. I'm considering acrylic rods or PVC.. Id appreciate any advice. Also love to see any large aquascapes...

with regard to design. what are features I should consider based on your experience, i.e. what do you wish you would have done if you had to do it over again.

Thanks Everyone!

1627654133774.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you're crazy......CRAZY AWESOME!

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock powder + thin super glue (glue masters) makes a bind stronger than the rock.
Buy 200 liters of phosphate and start dosing it as you cycle your rocks. Mined rocks soak up a ton. High likelihood of dinos if you don’t do this.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm building my "bucket List" dream tank... I have been out of the hobby for over 26 years... ( i know folks will think I'm nuts) but i do have an extremely supportive and understanding wife, the resources and a lot of patience. I'm anticipating delivery of the tank in @ 3o days.. I wanted to have the rock available ( and aquascape thought out) so we can locate the closed loops ( during installation) in the ideal locations, etc..

Awaiting delivery on 1000 lbs. of Marco Rock ( @ 700 of Shelf, 200 Foundation and 100 reef saver) Also Two Pedestals. I built this PVC frame for space requirement purposes. I will cut it down to only tank dimensions ( BLUE LINES) to plan the aquascaping. Tank is 120"L x 60" W x 48" D so I'm not quite sure of the finished Hight of the aquascape; however I'm interested in learning how you all support the higher rock structure.. I'm considering acrylic rods or PVC.. Id appreciate any advice. Also love to see any large aquascapes...

with regard to design. what are features I should consider based on your experience, i.e. what do you wish you would have done if you had to do it over again.

Thanks Everyone!

1627654133774.png
T5 hybrid lighting instead of just kessils

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back