Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO - that´s the only issue in a salt water tank with pH over 7.9 - 8

Sincerely Lasse
Yup, so right Lasse, I took for granted, that my filtration system adequate. I was wrong. I'm going trickle filtration with crush coral. See what happens. Thanks for info. Keep those videos coming. I'm right behind you, someday I'll be good as you. Thanks

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 3mo-4mo. I have ammonia issues, they really don't like ammonia . But if they don't open for a while they will evenully. Very hardy. Pretty much eat anything small enough to fit in their mouth. They do love to eat.

I have had Chilli for nine months. I designed aquascaping on 75G Jaubert Plenum with a ledge to shade Chilli. When he came in shipping bag, he was absolutely gorgeous with all flags flying. Transition to tank was flawless. I went to sleep with a smile on my face. Like a kid on Christmas I awoke early before lights came on. As I looked into tank with red led, I was horrified to see an avalanche had dropped rock ledge on Chilli. dang the bulldozer urchin! Due to other complications, I decided to put Chilli in the
“Cryptic Zone”. EcoSystem 30G mud/macro refugium that was 25 years old was converted to cryptic refugium two months earlier. I had not looked into this refugium for 6 months and was pleasantly shocked to see Chilli flying flags.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a lot papers, hopefully

As a naturalist, it is intuitive that Planet Earth cycles organics in numerous ways. For me, it is easy to understand that a dust storm that removes billions of tons from the Earth’s surface would transfer carbon in the process.

Actually, it is simplistic to say transfer carbon. Sunlight and phyto can provide all the carbon that the ocean needs. Nutrients, both inorganic & organic provided the unique environment that Red Sea corals flourish in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the shark finally hatched. There's a photographer at the Aquarium who's filming the shark hatching. She's been waiting for weeks for this :)
It's a cold water species, Scyliorhinus canicula.
And the parents are from the aquarium Havets hus in Lysekil. Our cold water tanks are too small for sharks(at the moment).
IMG_6056.JPG
IMG_6031.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the shark finally hatched. There's a photographer at the Aquarium who's filming the shark hatching. She's been waiting for weeks for this :)
It's a cold water species, Scyliorhinus canicula.
And the parents are from the aquarium Havets hus in Lysekil. Our cold water tanks are too small for sharks(at the moment).
IMG_6056.JPG
IMG_6031.JPG
No way, congratulations, Sallstrom & company , by now you gotta be a grandpa

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw the Wetmorella wrasse for the first time in one and a half years!
I got this excellent photo to prove it :D
IMG_6064.JPG

You see the stripes somewhere in the dark.

Even if I don't see this fish that often, it always makes me glad :)

Now resting my back after moving 12 old aquariums from a LFS to the museum(will use them as frag tank or algae refugiums). Thanks @Lasse for doing a great job watching us carry :D

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now resting my back after moving 12 old aquariums from a LFS to the museum(will use them as frag tank or algae refugiums). Thanks @Lasse for doing a great job watching us carry :D

My pleasure :)

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6064.JPG

No rest for the wicked. Remember @Lasse was the supervisor. He's also older, so respect your elders. Heehee.
The fish your excited about. I know he's there too. But my eye must be giving out. I know he's there.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No rest for the wicked. Remember @Lasse was the supervisor. He's also older, so respect your elders. Heehee.
The fish your excited about. I know he's there too. But my eye must be giving out. I know he's there.
Of course! It's because of Lasse we got these tanks almost for free :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6064.JPG

Hmm... maybe you should consider leaving the photography to the supervisor! ;):p

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have try to take a decent picture of that fish in my home aquaria - there is two - but after around 2 years - I´m only succeeded to catch one of them on a bad video 3.37 in this video - you can get a glimpse of the fish.

Se my post 1168 in my build thread

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weeks FTS. Now I really regret not removing the large Montipora piece in the middle so there could have been light down to the bottom(and more room for corals). Well, a bad back and only one month until we close and rebuild, won't do any large changes like that now :)
IMG_6058.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back