1000S Gen2 we’re officially wet!

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got everything hooked up and running as of Friday the 29th! Went with the Redsea 1000S running Radion XR30 pros for lights! So far I’m loving it still trying to get the overflow dialed in along with everything else!

2AFB1CF9-CFA6-412C-A12E-9CEBBE30167A.jpeg image.jpg

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Congratulations. Welcome to Reef2Reef and the Red Sea Club. I have 2 and love them both. Looks like a great build. Keep us posted. Following.

Small adjustments on the valve and wait several minutes between adjustments.

OP
OP
DakotahSteel

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Congratulations. Welcome to Reef2Reef and the Red Sea Club. I have 2 and love them both. Looks like a great build. Keep us posted. Following.

Small adjustments on the valve and wait several minutes between adjustments.
Which direction?? I’m struggling with this lol as of now I think the water is high? It’s going down the smaller pipe

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which direction?? I’m struggling with this lol as of now I think the water is high? It’s going down the smaller pipe
It can be frustration but once you figure it out its easy.

It is in the manual under Main downpipe valve adjustment....

To raise the water level in the overflow box, rotate the valve clockwise. To lower the level in the overflow box rotate the valve anti-clockwise. The main downpipe flow valve provides fine control of the flow rate however making adjustments it takes the system a few minutes to stabilize at the new setting.

OP
OP
DakotahSteel

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be frustration but once you figure it out its easy.

It is in the manual under Main downpipe valve adjustment....

To raise the water level in the overflow box, rotate the valve clockwise. To lower the level in the overflow box rotate the valve anti-clockwise. The main downpipe flow valve provides fine control of the flow rate however making adjustments it takes the system a few minutes to stabilize at the new setting.
I got it pretty dam close at this point. Once I turn the skimmer on then I’ll probably have to readjust it

OP
OP
DakotahSteel

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still rocking along quite well! On Thursday of last week I did a 16oz bottle of fritz turbo start and added two small clowns and two dwarf angels. Ammonia has been below .3 to non detectable from the hanna checker. Neptune systems stuff has been delayed a week but so far all is doing great! Now I need ideas for this rock in the center coral wise. I was thinking zoas but I may pivot

Attachments

• 134C2E94-EC3F-48C8-84EF-0A141C686A95.jpeg
    134C2E94-EC3F-48C8-84EF-0A141C686A95.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 29

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back