1100g ish plywood build

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was going to ask that ….. been looking for seagrass for a while ….. without any luck.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5"s better context that LTA is around 14" aka basketball size

Excellent! Nothing beats lots of front to back depth. I’ll have to re-read this thread. Curious what you’ve done for flow.

OP
OP
scchase

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow is currently provided by 2 Jabeos that were given to me and an old Tunze. I have 2 Icecap 3ks that will go on this werkend replacing the other pumps.

OP
OP
scchase

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
scchase

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh! The fish selection is great so far. Love that you have a French angel. It will be so cool to see it grow huge. This is beyond epic. What are you using for ventilation? I have a similar "problem" with my basement tank. The 300DD is the biggest tank I could fit down my stairs (so that's what I have!). :0) If I go any bigger, say 400-500, I'd also have to build it in place and plywood would realistically be my only option. I am growing less and less scared of the prospect the more builds I see. And since I will never be able to remove my 300 from the basement, I'd consider disassembling it and using the panes on the plywood build. Obviously I'd need a temporary house for the fish but that wouldn't be too bad.

Really eager to watch this progress and learn from it. Thanks!!

OP
OP
scchase

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I can't wait for the angels to grow up some as well, still need to get a few more though. Plans on angels still include a Queen, Cream, perhaps a Flagfin. For other fish, I plan on getting a zebra eel, some blueline snappers, a school of squarespot anthias (maybe on tbat one), a Pollini grouper once everything grows some, Niger trigger, Black Trigger, and perhaps one more trigger. I am picking up the black trigger and cream angel later this week. I am growing out several Koji Wada Pink Nepthea frags from my colony to move into the tank as well and might try a few Acro stags in a few months one it matures some. Still have colonies of Freak hair Pavona, Seasons greetings monti and mystic sunset too add. Also have a few Favias I will add as they grow out and I get more frags.

OP
OP
scchase

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well time for an update, somehow velvet made it past my quarantine procedure, probably on some rock, I lost about half the fish and pulled the rest back into quarantine with copper for all and bought a Hanna copper checker to better monitor my copper levels. I had to remove most of the rock to catch the parrotfish so I had the chance to reaquascape. The seagrasses in the refugium are doing well and growing new leaves. Other than that I have added the majority of corals what will end up in the tank and am waiting till the end of March with everything fallow to clear the velvet.
P1200254.JPG
P1200255.JPG

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, that’s a bummer. I do like an open aquascape though, with lots of sand weaving through the rock structure. Looks very natural.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is really awful. Glad you were able to get out half the fish. That is a definite positive! The new scape looks really good. What is the fallow requirement for velvet? What fish do you still have in QT?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back