OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im trying my best to capture the yellow. It's a little more visible today. Nothing about this bta is color stable. I don't trust it at all.
Thank reefer gods I called first dibs;)
@F i s h y where you at bro:D
But, I am doing my best to track the color change

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messing with lights 20% red, 10% white, 100% blue
20210921_151842.jpg
Look at the detail on that thing!

Ok thanks for info,will bare that in mind if decide to get one in 6 + months time or not.
Whats the reason for suggesting getting one raised in captivity rather than wild caught?
I guess because it got used to tanks/ artificial lights and our flow and parameters as wild caught be used to sunlight and the sea etc
Tank raised are typically easier to care for.

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up on the idea of my bta being a lemon. Let's just go with orange.
This is white lights. Taken now. Its a unique morph. We'll go with that for now.
It's a pretty nem, and it's yours. Who cares if it's a "special type" of nem. I have plenty of stuff that isn't named, but it's valuable to me because of the story behind it, who I got it with, and that it's surviving and thriving despite my care or ignorance. And instead of trying so hard and being good or kind, just try to start with little stuff. Open a door for someone. Give a random compliment, buy a cookie for a random stranger in line behind you without letting them know you did it. It doesn't take large acts.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's a pretty nem, and it's yours. Who cares if it's a "special type" of nem. I have plenty of stuff that isn't named, but it's valuable to me because of the story behind it,
This is the biggest part about it. A whole new story. I am not looking for value at all. But, something to share.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This anemone, is morphing right in front of me. The color of the foot, the color of the tentacles, I am awestruck.

I have tried to get detailed pictures of the foot, there is a strange coloration forming around it. Let me struggle here.
I was just hoping if someone could tell me if it was just a normal process.

Anyhow, the foot of the anemone, has gained a minty green coloration near the tentacle. I had to put the camera filter on to try to show it.
color.jpg
Unedited. and no filter.
20210921_181007.jpg
I find a great joy in reef keeping. The growth, the care, the interaction. This is a different experience for me.
So, I am very excited. overly obsessed as well. I keep wondering, what will take place next?

Edit: this is also why it is in my build thread mostly. It is what I love about this hobby. We never know when we will be taken by surprise.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah me also and went down many wrong paths in my life but i try my best NOW to look for the positives in things and people as positivity breeds positivity and negativity breeds negativity and good thing about being bad when young is if we choose to we can learn from these things and do our best to improve and recognise them and hopefully be an even nicer/ kinder/ more compassionate person than someone who wasnt bad and didnt go down the wrong paths as they may have acted " just ok or did just enough" so they see no need to change but if was bad then if we willing to change then we know need to drastically change our views/ behavious/ attitudes and hopefully go above and beyond whats needed if get what im saying.

This is what ive noticed with myself anyway compared to someone who just been " NORMAL and ok" if there is anything that is just normal is another matter ha ha.
I notice with myself i go that little further to help someone and if i notice someone needs help,i often say need help then help them and then ask if anymore help needed
I have fought looking for the words on how to respond to this.
compared to my parents. I am a spoiled poodle. They would say the same if they were compared to their parents.
Perhaps it's why my mom kept fighting with me. The things she saw in her country tore her apart. She was born in Bangkok, Thailand. . My dad was in the U.S Air force. The stories that he would share with us.

Basically, there is a lot of hateful people in this world and not enough that care. It's a hard life making the right choice. It's just following through and not being a coward. I worry about backlash approaching someone and asking if they need a hand.
Once my Duncan grows out, I will definitely be sending you peeps some heads. I’m all for helping out fellow reefers and friends.
Helping a reefer, this was a busy day for me. What I wanted to really say is. If someone is having a hard time and can't afford food or salt until next pay check. Yes, offer those things. uncontrollable events happen. Sharing food and salts is actually helping. Or, even if you have something and their fish isn't eating, offer up something you have that they don't to see if it works.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes some countries and some people have life much worse than others.

On a similar but slightly different note ( as this just about progress) im noticing im starting to say to my daughter " well when i was a lad we never had that " ha ha and your lucky and my elders at the time used to tell me the same as technolodgy improves and hopefully things in general just get better.i used to think hurry up and say what your saying as im not interested and i can tell my daughter often thinks the same ha ha but now mine and my partners job to try our best to teach her right from wrong and money has a value and cant get everything that she wants unless earns it which is hard as we want to give her the best,good example of this is my birthday parties when young was sandwiches and cakes around dining table,my daughter had mini carnival with magicians,people dressed in costumes,goats,sheep and various other farm yard animals,big tents and bouncy castle,assault course and just lots everything and every party we do i say to the better half we need be careful we not giving her to much as fine line between spoiling a kid and giving a kid what we can and letting her enjoy life but we will just try best we can doing best we can is all that we can do.
And yeah about offering help,sometimes people take this the wrong way and think we want something from it or worse still can try take advantage of kindness and expect help all the time when dont even need it.life can get hard at times yeah ^_^

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
as we want to give her the best,good example of this is my birthday parties when young was sandwiches and cakes around dining table,my daughter had mini carnival with magicians,people dressed in costumes,goats,sheep and various other farm yard animals,big tents and bouncy castle,assault course and just lots everything and every party we do i say to the better half we need be careful we not giving her to much as fine line between spoiling a kid and giving a kid what we can and letting her enjoy life but we will just try best we can doing best we can is all that we can do.
Kids, really do make us understand our parents thinking. My husband and me talk about our childhood and how to raise our spoiled brat. Yes, he's pretty spoiled. He has 1 set of grandparents left. And they try to spoil him. We have to put our foot down and limit to what happens. We want our young ones to grow up and be patient, understanding, loving and kind. This is something we have to learn. Even as we age. Some people. They don't have this problem and are just kind in their nature.
For me, it's an on going battle. But, one worth fighting.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So anyhow.
The bta goes through several process waking up.
Enjoy or not. I finally got some time to actually watch it this morning. My son is being nice today.

bubble tip.jpg
Usually I don't get to see this.
Bubbles.jpg
and currently
bubbletip morning.jpg

Gonioporas are doing very well, except 1.

goni pink.jpg
Put this one in a shaded area.
I think my wrasse is killing my corals. He keeps spitting sand on everyone. I don't know why. I lost a large aussie head last night.
goni bleached.jpg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anyhow.
The bta goes through several process waking up.
Enjoy or not. I finally got some time to actually watch it this morning. My son is being nice today.

bubble tip.jpg
Usually I don't get to see this.
Bubbles.jpg
and currently
bubbletip morning.jpg

Gonioporas are doing very well, except 1.

goni pink.jpg
Put this one in a shaded area.
I think my wrasse is killing my corals. He keeps spitting sand on everyone. I don't know why. I lost a large aussie head last night.
goni bleached.jpg
That extension you got on the BTA really highlighted its colors! I never realized the steams were that green!

Also, sorry to hear about the dead coral. :(

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back