OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are rocks apart. Not touching. I know the last time I added a goni it set my aussie off. I lost a head shortly after. The torches hate new goni additions. So, i wonder...
Ugh. Sorry for the loss! How close was it to the goniopora? Mine is basically holding hands with another frag right now.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is what happened after my last 2 pink gonis were added. The super large head, just went into submission and passed. the other is doing well.
angry torch.jpg

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what happened after my last 2 pink gonis were added. The super large head, just went into submission and passed. the other is doing well.
angry torch.jpg
That is very interesting.. I was gonna have a hammer garden I guess I should remove my Goni if I’m gonna do that ? I wonder if it has effects on other corals as well I might run carbon to see what happens

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is very interesting.. I was gonna have a hammer garden I guess I should remove my Goni if I’m gonna do that ? I wonder if it has effects on other corals as well I might run carbon to see what happens
I have several hammers. You'll be fine.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to target feed the red sea ab+ the corals refuse every time.
I've literally just finished trying feed my lobo some mysis shrimp cut up smaller and tentacles eventually came out after few minutes gently squirting on lobo ( with power heads off ) stupid cleaner shrimp even though squirting water at them with coral feeder and shooing them off with it,they are relentless) lobo epoxied to rock so cant remove to feed but need find better method than I got now lol.
I think as only got few corals all the interest going onto one coral so as get more they can share the load of cleaner shrimp stealing food lol

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read about your torch.and your idea of going with warfare ,it's literally no holds bar in our tanks ,everything trying kill something or possible defend itself and then kill something its crazy .
Fine juggling act of what we can put in our tanks and where and what to add to tanks to try stop certain things ,boy I got alot to learn but it's fun and rewarding when get right

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just read about your torch.and your idea of going with warfare ,it's literally no holds bar in our tanks ,everything trying kill something or possible defend itself and then kill something its crazy .
Fine juggling act of what we can put in our tanks and where and what to add to tanks to try stop certain things ,boy I got alot to learn but it's fun and rewarding when get right
I can't prove it, so many people say it isn't true. I don't know what is real or isn't. I just may need to run carbon with torches and goniopora. My goniopora and hammers are doing great. Other than a few bugs we have hit. But these last 2 indos... I will have to get some cheap pieces and find out. Somehow. All indo torches are expensive still.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've literally just finished trying feed my lobo some mysis shrimp cut up smaller and tentacles eventually came out after few minutes gently squirting on lobo ( with power heads off ) stupid cleaner shrimp even though squirting water at them with coral feeder and shooing them off with it,they are relentless) lobo epoxied to rock so cant remove to feed but need find better method than I got now lol.
I think as only got few corals all the interest going onto one coral so as get more they can share the load of cleaner shrimp stealing food lol

Cut the bottom off a family sized fizzy drinks bottle, place the bottle over the coral to keep the shrimps off and feed through the neck opening.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the bottom off a family sized fizzy drinks bottle, place the bottle over the coral to keep the shrimps off and feed through the neck opening.
Yeah I thought about using pop bottle like this,read few posts on feeding nps corals this way.so ovbiously for 10- 15 minutes it won't matter that the lobo getting no flow right ?
Will try it in few days when next feed the lobo,thanks for idea

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I thought about using pop bottle like this,read few posts on feeding nps corals this way.so ovbiously for 10- 15 minutes it won't matter that the lobo getting no flow right ?
Will try it in few days when next feed the lobo,thanks for idea
Yes, I turn my flow off during feeding times for corals for 10-20 minutes. Depends on how long some of them take to finish eating. Once the flow is back on, food is all over the place being eaten by the fish.

my melanurus wrasse, foxface and scopas make it a habbit to pick food from the trachy. It's like a large dinner plate to them. That guy eats a lot.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is how my torch looked before it balled up. I didn't think there was a flow issue. The tentacles waved around freely. Not just in one direction.
torch-before.jpg
A few weeks ago it looked like this.
torch-sick.jpg
I was thinking maybe water flow. But now, I believe this is the first sign of being sick. As this is what took place as well with my last hellfire torch.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how my torch looked before it balled up. I didn't think there was a flow issue. The tentacles waved around freely. Not just in one direction.
torch-before.jpg
A few weeks ago it looked like this.
torch-sick.jpg
I was thinking maybe water flow. But now, I believe this is the first sign of being sick. As this is what took place as well with my last hellfire torch.
Has anything changed in the tank? Could it just be having a bad day? I have no experience with torches

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anything changed in the tank? Could it just be having a bad day? I have no experience with torches
I am trying to figure out if it is warfare. The torch died yesterday morning.

Only thing that makes me think warfare, adding goniopora to the system makes the torches swell up. ONLY when I add new goniopora. I should have been running carbon. But, having a tang with hlle and waiting for what will heal, I was stubborn to add carbon.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out if it is warfare. The torch died yesterday morning.

Only thing that makes me think warfare, adding goniopora to the system makes the torches swell up. ONLY when I add new goniopora. I should have been running carbon. But, having a tang with hlle and waiting for what will heal, I was stubborn to add carbon.
Ah geez. I didn’t know it didn’t make it. :(
The warfare idea is interesting. Are the gonis close to the torches or are they releasing something into the water?
Whats Hlle and is it caused by carbon?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah geez. I didn’t know it didn’t make it. :(
The warfare idea is interesting. Are the gonis close to the torches or are they releasing something into the water?
Whats Hlle and is it caused by carbon?
In tangs and angelfish, soft carbon and copper can cause HLLE, it is said it breaks down and may stick to the fish. I don't use the soft carbon, so hopefully it is safe.

The goni are not close to the torches. It might be something released in the water. I still don't really know.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what are your params ? sorry...:rolleyes:could be the lights ,doubt it ,i do see tissue recession in 2nd pic.
do you have any other hammers ,frogs? check tissue.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tissue is good on the hammers and octo, also other torch. The almost dead hammer the 3 heads have made a big recovery

sg = 1.026
alk = 8.4
calcium = 480
ph = 8.15
mag = 1450
phosphate .05
nitrate 5-10

Sump lights on at night only.
Gold tip
hamer 02.jpg
recovered hammer
hammer 01.jpg