OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well hopefully you see something that stands out so can help it now or stop it happenning in future ( if anything can even be done ) and seems like your copperband coming on just nice.
That's the big plus. Glad she became a little pig.

But, no one else is showing signs of infection. It's so weird. Better that way.
Sadly, it can happen to us all.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen hammer on hammer violence result in that kind of catastrophic loss. Any chance it's upstream of other euphyllia types?

I'm sorry for the loss. That would be terrible. My ny Knicks is currently in the process of receding and nothing I can figure out as to why. No infection anywhere, no bugs, nothing wrong with the params. Cra p just happens sometimes.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aussie torch releases tips once and n awhile. I try to catch them when it happens. Its a warmonger. Could have caught one.
I haven't seen hammer on hammer violence result in that kind of catastrophic loss. Any chance it's upstream of other euphyllia types?

I'm sorry for the loss. That would be terrible. My ny Knicks is currently in the process of receding and nothing I can figure out as to why. No infection anywhere, no bugs, nothing wrong with the params. Cra p just happens sometimes.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aussie torch releases tips once and n awhile. I try to catch them when it happens. Its a warmonger. Could have caught one.
I think it's nearly impossible that A singular occurrence could do this damage. There is no transference through the skeleton So every one of them would have had to have gotten stung if that was the case. Alk swings possible?

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I am wondering if hammers don't play nice together. The gold hammer .. I don't know what happened to be honest. Last night, my 9 head colony got destroyed. 2 heads left. I'll take pics once lights are on. It did not smell like brown jelly. But after putting the hammer in lugols iodine, 7 heads just fell apart. the 2 heads farthest away from the gold were alright, but still injured. I am so upset. I don't understand... They weren't on the same plug but slightly touching.

After looking at multiple rainbow btas... I don't see a lot of them with green tips.. What's with that?
I know people do euphyllia gardens and such, but Id still have trouble with them together and touching. My two duncans arent even allowed to touch. I always thought coral colonies are looking to expand and wont hesitate to kill each other to do it. And are the hammers from the same location? Aussie vs. Indo and such? Sorry to hear that though, hate seening nice colonies recede.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know people do euphyllia gardens and such, but Id still have trouble with them together and touching. My two duncans arent even allowed to touch. I always thought coral colonies are looking to expand and wont hesitate to kill each other to do it. And are the hammers from the same location? Aussie vs. Indo and such? Sorry to hear that though, hate seening nice colonies recede.
I have no clue on either origin. Vendors never said. the 2 heads are recovering. Really looked like a severe injury. the heads closest to the gold hammer melted off. No smell of bjd.
I learned my lesson.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How the survivor looks today.

Attachments

• 20210904_164956.jpg
    20210904_164956.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 33

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful isn't it? That is a green tracyphyllia. If I spelled it right
at first look thought acanthophillia..
Tell me if this posts. Cbb eating mysis.
yep worked first time.

i would be worried ,Indo vs Aussie, torch vs any euphillia, but do keep indo frogs/octos/hammers ,all colors touching.
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG
WP_20210703_13_15_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20210704_14_55_43_Pro.jpg
IMG_20210818_135152_242.jpg

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
at first look thought acanthophillia..
I don't even know what it is at times. Blue zoo sold it as a trachy. That's all I got for it ;Bucktooth
i would be worried ,Indo vs Aussie, torch vs any euphillia, but do keep indo frogs/octos/hammers ,all colors touching.
I don't know what happened. I'll be keeping unknown's and letting them have their own space. Just in case it was hammer on hammer violence. It could have been something else, I just don't know what.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have a photo of it not ready to chow down?
Here you go. It's just a blob of flesh. only an inch and a half skeleton base. Expands twice that. Doesn't act like a tracy, but looks like one here.

trachy.jpg
brainblue.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, in response to the hammers. Here was the 9 head colony alive, I don't know why I didn't post it here...
9 heads on left, it's a small headed colony. Practically a micro colony. On the right, is the gold. When both were fully expanded. Both were the exact same size.

2249733-9345d20b641034496f5e6bd8bd2287ae.jpg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go. It's just a blob of flesh. only an inch and a half skeleton base. Expands twice that. Doesn't act like a tracy, but looks like one here.

trachy.jpg
brainblue.jpg
Looks like mine when he's not expanded, definitely not an acanthophyllia though.

Mine is just now starting to grow and get that different shape to it (idk what the correct term is, but I always think of ribbons bunched up and folded over).

Forgive his scorch marks, I think the coco is making him and the back acantho angry. I'm planning on relocating it today.

Attachments

• PXL_20210905_130431824.jpg
    PXL_20210905_130431824.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like mine when he's not expanded, definitely not an acanthophyllia though.

Mine is just now starting to grow and get that different shape to it (idk what the correct term is, but I always think of ribbons bunched up and folded over).

Forgive his scorch marks, I think the coco is making him and the back acantho angry. I'm planning on relocating it today.
I don't care if they are acantho's, lobo's tracy's. I love them all! It's just a matter of when I am ready to pick one up :)

They do gain more curves, shapes as they age. Sometimes.
That one in this picture was no bigger when I got it back in 2010. Took a long time to grow.... I had the red trachy for a few years. This photo it was 4 yrs old. This was back in 2014.

I will be hunting for a red, sometime next month. My spending this month is over. These live sales are murder on the wallet.

old red.jpg

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care if they are acantho's, lobo's tracy's. I love them all! It's just a matter of when I am ready to pick one up :)

They do gain more curves, shapes as they age. Sometimes.
That one in this picture was no bigger when I got it back in 2010. Took a long time to grow.... I had the red trachy for a few years. This photo it was 4 yrs old. This was back in 2014.

I will be hunting for a red, sometime next month. My spending this month is over. These live sales are murder on the wallet.

old red.jpg
Yeah I don't feel like this one is any bigger but it's starting to get shapes so I assume it's growing.

Did you get your fish yesterday?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I don't feel like this one is any bigger but it's starting to get shapes so I assume it's growing.

Did you get your fish yesterday?
The lady at the lfs, was grabbing the bag to catch the anthia and said " you know what, I don't think i should be selling these right now." So I asked her to get me the purple queens and she said " We got those in friday. I don't think we should sell those either" But she points me over to one is health decline.

I AM DONE with that lfs. Ordering online from now on.

I don't know to thumbs up or cry to your post. My lfs is lazy.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lady at the lfs, was grabbing the bag to catch the anthia and said " you know what, I don't think i should be selling these right now." So I asked her to get me the purple queens and she said " We got those in friday. I don't think we should sell those either" But she points me over to one is health decline.

I AM DONE with that lfs. Ordering online from now on.

I don't know to thumbs up or cry to your post. My lfs is lazy.
Awh I'm so sorry to hear that!

The LFS I buy from doesn't really do a lot in fish, I get most of mine online. There is one that does tons of fish but I don't trust them.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back