OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was the mom. The large picture, is hidden somewhere.

s-l200.jpg

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to move some corals and my yuma today.

I want to get another bta to compare colors and growth. This guy isn't growing quick. Does not move from his rock at all. But is changing colors weekly. So, some coral comparisons to kind of show you the burst of color this one offers, it still isn't accurate to the eye as this guy is a blazing orange.
bta and pandora.jpg
bta compare.jpg
highlight.jpg
highlighter and acan.jpg

LRT did call first dips on baby, if all goes well... We'll see :)
I am trying to not favor the bta, I lost most of my favorite hammer colony. It really burns.

I need to make a small 10-20g system for a new bta quarantine so I don't get this one sick. We'll see if I can sometime next month. I will have to skip reeftide sale.

Edit: also, I know light spectrum and par has a huge affect on color. I doubt he is lacking too much par, as the colors become dull in appearance. This one is electric orange. Yellow is forming, we'll see how it looks in a week.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tons of photo spam.
So, cherry blastos from joes reef and the magician pally. I think the foxface ate my clove...
blasto magi gonista candy.jpg

cherry blasto gonista.jpg
Hellfire torch. Camera does not pick up the orange stripes. Weird huh?
hellfire.jpg
These are from chaos aquaculture.
Pink goniopras and a digitata.
pink goni c99.jpg
The other pink goni I got from chaos aquaculture. Big difference huh?
pink goni00.jpg

My cheap yuma colony. I love these though. my feather duster is still there, thank you cbb.
yuma.jpg

Attachments

• gold tip hammer.jpg
    gold tip hammer.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 23

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of photo spam.
So, cherry blastos from joes reef and the magician pally. I think the foxface ate my clove...
blasto magi gonista candy.jpg

cherry blasto gonista.jpg
Hellfire torch. Camera does not pick up the orange stripes. Weird huh?
hellfire.jpg
These are from chaos aquaculture.
Pink goniopras and a digitata.
pink goni c99.jpg
The other pink goni I got from chaos aquaculture. Big difference huh?
pink goni00.jpg

My cheap yuma colony. I love these though. my feather duster is still there, thank you cbb.
yuma.jpg
Everything is looking great

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
umm.. you are welcome to stop by here...;)
just sayin'...:)

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Call me irresponsibly dumb.
scopas.jpg
Saw him at the lfs, had to have him. Best looking scopas I have seen in a long time here. Foxface, is a chicken. But, looks like they like each other. No picking. Just swimming together.
I did get a blenny, who instantly went and hid. I have no idea what species it is. Was labeled as an algae blenny, but it is not. Black anal fin and red fringes along the dorsal fin, red eyes. Was being bullied by the algae blenny, so colors were terribly faded. My first guess was ember blenny. We'll see once it acclimates and comes out of hiding.

And a couple of zoas. More hitch hiker feather dusters, some ball anemones and an aiptasia. I'll see if the cbb eats it or if i have to nuke it.

No pics yet. No one is open.

Edit: I think I need to clean my glass.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
umm.. you are welcome to stop by here...;)
just sayin'...:)
We have to get the car fixed. Brakes are almost dead. Monday is repair day and new tires need to be ordered.

You know how I told James, it just isn't meant to be. The live sale is over. That just wasn't meant to be either. Next live sale, Franks tank :)

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll need to make a new system devoted to btas. The color keeps changing, it's very fasinating. I am waiting to see how well the yellow developed. Ty for the kind words :)
20210918_171218.jpg
This was an hour ago. Yellow showing up under the green bluish tips. Its there, just mildly.
Hehe, looks like someone needs a new tank specifically for BTA’s. ;Woot;Wideyed;Greedy

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't recall the guys user name from ebay. If you want his user name, sure I can pm it to you. I'll have to check.
I was shocked from arrival to now.
I can only pray for baby bta!
I would love it if mine split as well, that would be so cool!

How have you been feeding yours? @Eagle_Steve said he has sometimes had success with feeding them mysis to make them split faster.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely looking scopas tang.since bought this tank of mine nearly 6 years ago i always told myself defo get a yellow tang as just reminds me of a reef tank but by time i managed to set tank up begginning this year yellow tang prices skyrocketed and never seen one at any lfs this year at all so guess they getting pre- booked and collected straight away from the lfs but as a second option a scopas tang looks cool and same body shape and same job in tank just not as bright but got a ywg and cbb and silver belly wrasse so 3 yellow fish anyway,aw and will be getting a 1 spot foxface so im thinking maybe should get some kind red fish like a flasher wrasse and will help me with pests and the like.maybe even a scooter blenny/ dragonette but undecided ( choices choices hey ha ha)
Good that your cbb not ate your feather duster yet,im also wanting buy a large one of them but read cbb like to munch on them,so keep me updated with that please mibu.
Your tank looking great btw ^_^

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lovely looking scopas tang.since bought this tank of mine nearly 6 years ago i always told myself defo get a yellow tang as just reminds me of a reef tank but by time i managed to set tank up begginning this year yellow tang prices skyrocketed and never seen one at any lfs this year at all so guess they getting pre- booked and collected straight away from the lfs but as a second option a scopas tang looks cool and same body shape and same job in tank just not as bright but got a ywg and cbb and silver belly wrasse so 3 yellow fish anyway,aw and will be getting a 1 spot foxface so im thinking maybe should get some kind red fish like a flasher wrasse and will help me with pests and the like.maybe even a scooter blenny/ dragonette but undecided ( choices choices hey ha ha)
Good that your cbb not ate your feather duster yet,im also wanting buy a large one of them but read cbb like to munch on them,so keep me updated with that please mibu.
Your tank looking great btw ^_^
TY! I did buy some more live rock with about 5 feather dusters and several aiptasias. CBB devoured the aiptasia, so far the feathers have been left alone. I'll get pictures once they come out again.

Also, Scopas is much better looking in person than in photos. They have a nice sparkle on their skin that cameras don't show. I truly think this maybe the most under rated tang in the hobby. The foxface and cbb took to the scopas like it was part of the group. I was worried the CBB, since they have a very close appearance would attack the scopas. They very much like to swim together. 3 is a crowd, 4 is a party! Just don't know who to make as the 4th fish. I will try to get a nice picture, scopas is still scared of me. But began to eat right away.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous! I didn’t realize you had a scopa!!
I picked him/her up today at the better lfs. Longer drive, but worth it. He has an entire colony of whatever this is.
the rock is covered, i want it. But I'll have to probably wait tell next weekend to get it. palyunknown.jpg

I think I'm set on fish. I didn't realize the wrasse was hanging out with them too. he usually keeps to himself.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new blenny evicted the fire fish from their home. I guess they'll find a new one tonight.
20210919_173818.jpg
20210919_173800.jpg
Yup. They're homeless at the moment.
Poor babys! Hope they find another burrow… I hear it gets dangerous in a reef at night. ;) ;Hilarious

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back