It's just a tank

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I feel like I failed so many times. People in need, and somehow I became a coward to approach and ask if they needed help. I see people helping animals all the time. My mom would smack me if she saw I denied a helping hand to another human being.
Once my Duncan grows out, I will definitely be sending you peeps some heads. I’m all for helping out fellow reefers and friends.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once my Duncan grows out, I will definitely be sending you peeps some heads. I’m all for helping out fellow reefers and friends.
Shipping is a learning process. Don't think too quick. I am sure it's not that bad. As many boxes as I opened. It's keeping the corals from bouncing around.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, I hope you don't mean for free. Those are your babies. You have all the right to put a tag on them. I don't like seeing people thinking corals should come free because someone has a huge mass of them.

If they can't afford $1 to $10 per head, they need a new hobby. Because that means they can't afford salt to change the water.

I am not trying to be mean. It's just fair.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I feel like I failed so many times. People in need, and somehow I became a coward to approach and ask if they needed help. I see people helping animals all the time. My mom would smack me if she saw I denied a helping hand to another human being.

Well sounds like your mum brought you up to be kind/caring/compassionate and helpful person so answer right there and you one of first to jump in and help me try id stuff in my tank ( helpful/kind) seen you many times say sorry your fish / coral didnt make it ( compassionate/caring) well you get my point so enough of the pschology or whatever it classed as ha ha.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well sounds like your mum brought you up to be kind/caring/compassionate and helpful person so answer right there and you one of first to jump in and help me try id stuff in my tank ( helpful/kind) seen you many times say sorry your fish / coral didnt make it ( compassionate/caring) well you get my point so enough of the pschology or whatever it classed as ha ha.
It wasn't easy. I was a bad kid. Selfish, greedy, stingy, rude and snide. She didn't give up. Dad agreed with her. I was a bad kid.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't easy. I was a bad kid. Selfish, greedy, stingy, rude and snide. She didn't give up. Dad agreed with her. I was a bad kid.
Yeah me also and went down many wrong paths in my life but i try my best NOW to look for the positives in things and people as positivity breeds positivity and negativity breeds negativity and good thing about being bad when young is if we choose to we can learn from these things and do our best to improve and recognise them and hopefully be an even nicer/ kinder/ more compassionate person than someone who wasnt bad and didnt go down the wrong paths as they may have acted " just ok or did just enough" so they see no need to change but if was bad then if we willing to change then we know need to drastically change our views/ behavious/ attitudes and hopefully go above and beyond whats needed if get what im saying.

This is what ive noticed with myself anyway compared to someone who just been " NORMAL and ok" if there is anything that is just normal is another matter ha ha.
I notice with myself i go that little further to help someone and if i notice someone needs help,i often say need help then help them and then ask if anymore help needed

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was ever any of those things I would never see the light of day… my parents are STRICT.

Whoch means when one of my friends is “acting up” (in their eyes) they think “oh wow, James’s friends are out of control, rude, and disrespectful”. When in reality, they just made a funny comment.

I get that they are here to help me out in life, but sometimes I think they go a bit too far.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I was ever any of those things I would never see the light of day… my parents are STRICT.

Whoch means when one of my friends is “acting up” (in their eyes) they think “oh wow, James’s friends are out of control, rude, and disrespectful”. When in reality, they just made a funny comment.

I get that they are here to help me out in life, but sometimes I think they go a bit too far.
If my dad understood anything "patience and experience" Live and learn. Learn how to take a joke. The list goes on.

I'm glad, she never gave up. Dad, he cared and understood. He was there when we needed them. And he always said "you'll understand when you get older." Yup. He was right.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I give up on the idea of my bta being a lemon. Let's just go with orange.
This is white lights. Taken now. Its a unique morph. We'll go with that for now.

Attachments

• 20210921_141321.jpg
    20210921_141321.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 34

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up on the idea of my bta being a lemon. Let's just go with orange.
This is white lights. Taken now. Its a unique morph. We'll go with that for now.
Looks very vibrant orange,maybe going to a touch of peach colour,to me looking anyway .looks very nice and bright.
I did want an anemone to go with the 2 clownfish my daughter insisted we got for the tank and even made a ledge on one my rock structures in hopes it would stay there once put there but now unsure if should or not as reading threads anemone died and nuked tank but there will be more successes than failures with them i would of guessed so will let my tank mature some more then decide as trying my best listen advice and take things slow and let tank mature/ establish but think that ledge be perfect for a torch garden i started there ^_^

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks very vibrant orange,maybe going to a touch of peach colour,to me looking anyway .looks very nice and bright.
I did want an anemone to go with the 2 clownfish my daughter insisted we got for the tank and even made a ledge on one my rock structures in hopes it would stay there once put there but now unsure if should or not as reading threads anemone died and nuked tank but there will be more successes than failures with them i would of guessed so will let my tank mature some more then decide as trying my best listen advice and take things slow and let tank mature/ establish but think that ledge be perfect for a torch garden i started there ^_^
Make sure you buy one that was raised in captivity. Wild bubble tips, they have a bad survival rate and should be kept by those who know more about treatments and how to mimic the area they were collected from. There is never a guarantee on wild anemones.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you buy one that was raised in captivity. Wild bubble tips, they have a bad survival rate and should be kept by those who know more about treatments and how to mimic the area they were collected from. There is never a guarantee on wild anemones.
I second this!!!!! Splits from fellow reefers are usually the best bet.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for info,will bare that in mind if decide to get one in 6 + months time or not.
Whats the reason for suggesting getting one raised in captivity rather than wild caught?
I guess because it got used to tanks/ artificial lights and our flow and parameters as wild caught be used to sunlight and the sea etc

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back