OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have to post something before I crash. from the husbands phone. no lenses.
test01.jpg

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some odd reason, I either posted elsewhere or forgot to hit post reply.. Either way... It's odd how every camera will take pictures differently.
Again husband's phone camera. Blastos are not even that red.. I can wish though. The green stripe is very evident though.
blasto.jpg
group-shot.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the bottom off a family sized fizzy drinks bottle, place the bottle over the coral to keep the shrimps off and feed through the neck opening.
Ok dumb question time ^_^
I just tried putting pop bottle over lobo and feeding it but had to hold cut bottle with one hand and feed through coral feeder in other on a tall tank and my back only just coming out of a 4 day spasm so not good idea lol .
Managed 5 minutes holding bottle but had to let go and off course cleaner shrimp stole food from lobo .
So take it need turn all power heads off ? .if in sand I guess be easier as can stick bottle into sand but my lobo stuck on rocks and bottle won't stay on its own so turn power heads off until its eaten which going be like 10 minutes or so?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok dumb question time ^_^
I just tried putting pop bottle over lobo and feeding it but had to hold cut bottle with one hand and feed through coral feeder in other on a tall tank and my back only just coming out of a 4 day spasm so not good idea lol .
Managed 5 minutes holding bottle but had to let go and off course cleaner shrimp stole food from lobo .
So take it need turn all power heads off ? .if in sand I guess be easier as can stick bottle into sand but my lobo stuck on rocks and bottle won't stay on its own so turn power heads off until its eaten which going be like 10 minutes or so?
It will be fine with water flow turned off for 10 minutes to 15

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuh, she'll be going to soren. I am sure she injured the torches as well. Still poking at the palythoa even though there is a rock of nori in the tank.
Dang that sucks I hate to get rid of fish but if the eat my investment they gotta go

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wrasse who likes to eat all shrimps. I can't get rid of him :(
Yuh, she'll be going to soren. I am sure she injured the torches as well. Still poking at the palythoa even though there is a rock of nori in the tank.
I wasn't sure how to respond with a reaction to this post, but I am sad to hear that the nori has not worked yet but still excited to get the foxface.
I'm still trying to determine what wrasse(s) I want in my reef while also intending to have cleaner shrimps as well.

Hopefully a container of some sort can keep your palythoa safe until I get the foxface.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must of missed the part about you saying foxface eating your corals .
And 1 spot foxface is my next and last fish for my tank as think 10 fish is enough in my 80g but will start concentrate on filling up with corals then see how tank goes and maybe add more later if can,and read foxface can take fancy to some corals just like my coral beauty or cbb which haven't as of yet but only handful of corals so far ,speaking of cbb I've tried putting paper at side of tank and clip on light on or off and decided not to clean one side of tank as think it seeing its reflection and raising its dorsal spines and wanting a fight looks like anyway ,started a thread but no reply as of yet ^_^

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wasn't sure how to respond with a reaction to this post, but I am sad to hear that the nori has not worked yet but still excited to get the foxface.
I'm still trying to determine what wrasse(s) I want in my reef while also intending to have cleaner shrimps as well.

Hopefully a container of some sort can keep your palythoa safe until I get the foxface.
No need to be sad, she likes what she likes. I can't change it. I am not sure why she likes palythoa and torch tips. At least, I can only assume she was eating them.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Must of missed the part about you saying foxface eating your corals .
And 1 spot foxface is my next and last fish for my tank as think 10 fish is enough in my 80g but will start concentrate on filling up with corals then see how tank goes and maybe add more later if can,and read foxface can take fancy to some corals just like my coral beauty or cbb which haven't as of yet but only handful of corals so far ,speaking of cbb I've tried putting paper at side of tank and clip on light on or off and decided not to clean one side of tank as think it seeing its reflection and raising its dorsal spines and wanting a fight looks like anyway ,started a thread but no reply as of yet ^_^
I posted that information in another thread. I was in debate to rehome foxface or let her continue to eat the palythoa.
nibble.jpg
Infection kicked in where she was nibbling.
infection.jpg
I had to give an iodine bath and peroxide bath.

Added nori rock to try to divert her attention.
foxscared.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted that information in another thread. I was in debate to rehome foxface or let her continue to eat the palythoa.
nibble.jpg
Infection kicked in where she was nibbling.
infection.jpg
I had to give an iodine bath and peroxide bath.

Added nori rock to try to divert her attention.
foxscared.jpg
Aw ok fair enough ,probably why when just spent 15 minutes reading last 10 pages again,I didn't see it ha ha,well you tried but if eating coral and dont want it,only one option I guess,I may have it to come as got few potential coral nippers ^_^

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back