protect-from-foxy.jpg
Love those ricordia and that Goni!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a make shift arm for the meter. And it needs to be plugged into a lap top or computer to work. So, yes. :(
They are said to be as accurate as other par meters for a fraction of the cost .
I have considered getting one but was also told with t5’s I don’t need to worry about par

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are said to be as accurate as other par meters for a fraction of the cost .
I have considered getting one but was also told with t5’s I don’t need to worry about par
t5 is more uniform than leds. Leds have a lot of hot spots. If you get a seneye meter, make sure it's an updated version. Mine needs a firmware update or I need to divide the read number by 2. I like it. I am just disappointed by the par reports on seneye v2.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
t5 is more uniform than leds. Leds have a lot of hot spots. If you get a seneye meter, make sure it's an updated version. Mine needs a firmware update or I need to divide the read number by 2. I like it. I am just disappointed by the par reports on seneye v2.
I’ll do a little more research .
what’s the point on purchasing something if we already know the numbers under t5’s are enough for what ever I put under them .

that money spent could be another acro frag or 2

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Double post : are the noopsyche lights hard to work ? Is there a manual on how much par it gives or mounting height ?
Generally, the installation height is suitable if it is 25-30cm away from the water surface. If you want to cover a larger area, you can install a higher height

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Double post : are the noopsyche lights hard to work ?
I didn't read this part. I found it to be rather easy. But, I think it's because of all the rpg games I have played on nes and gameboy. Really, I don't think I can even say there is a learning curve involved. The remote is built into the control hub. So, the remote must remain powered on and is provided power cord.
I'll get is some more detailed pictures later today.

I have one blasto who is gaining green spots throughout the polyp. The one with the green streaked mouth. I wonder if the rest will do the same?

Also, BTA is 2 inches under his normal place, I wonder if I should tune lights down a bit or let it be. Hammer corals are looking very happy. My pink hammers are starting to show some orange tinting. We'll see next week what everyone looks like. Hopefully my slimer colors up and montis start to grow.

And as for Seneye par meter, the report is the sensor is highly sensitive to blue light. It causes the par to read double what it truly is. That is only for the software version of v2. Seneye said the new models wont have that issue. Anyone with the v2 can just divide the read number in half. So, if the meter says you have 300 par... it really is 150. How can I trust that though?

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't read this part. I found it to be rather easy. But, I think it's because of all the rpg games I have played on nes and gameboy. Really, I don't think I can even say there is a learning curve involved. The remote is built into the control hub. So, the remote must remain powered on and is provided power cord.
I'll get is some more detailed pictures later today.

I have one blasto who is gaining green spots throughout the polyp. The one with the green streaked mouth. I wonder if the rest will do the same?

Also, BTA is 2 inches under his normal place, I wonder if I should tune lights down a bit or let it be. Hammer corals are looking very happy. My pink hammers are starting to show some orange tinting. We'll see next week what everyone looks like. Hopefully my slimer colors up and montis start to grow.

And as for Seneye par meter, the report is the sensor is highly sensitive to blue light. It causes the par to read double what it truly is. That is only for the software version of v2. Seneye said the new models wont have that issue. Anyone with the v2 can just divide the read number in half. So, if the meter says you have 300 par... it really is 150. How can I trust that though?
I played a lot of game boy growing up , I had an nes and SNES but I mostly play GameCube I was around 6 when GameCube came out

also I guess they really mean it when they say corals change under different lights

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You showing your age there mibu by nes and game boy as I remember the nes came out before the snes and I was like 14.
The good old days when I thought I was immortal and abused my body and know paying the price lol
I was born in 1981. I don't hide my age. I know I am getting older. I don't mind it.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm 40 and act like a 5 year old. Sometimes like an 80 year old. I can't seem to ever act my age....

On the bonus side, the scopas now looks like a bloated balloon. She loves that nori rock. Everyone EXCEPT foxface is grazing on it. Foxy does get a nibble here and there. I'll try to figure out shutter speed on camera to get a snap of the scopa. She's looking pretty~!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born in 1981. I don't hide my age. I know I am getting older. I don't mind it.
Yeah hopefully as we get older we get wiser but like you say,we often act like kids so nope ha ha .
I'm born 1978 and my head still tells me and thinks like I was when maybe 20 but body feels and acts like I'm 80 ,I'm literally falling to bits and if I was a horse they would shot me long ago lol ^_^

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You showing your age there mibu by nes and game boy as I remember the nes came out before the snes and I was like 14.
The good old days when I thought I was immortal and abused my body and know paying the price lol
I remember all my friends had nes , sega genesis .

later came
SNES , PlayStation , but those were the days . Kids played outside . The street lights coming on were the warning to get home before mom yelled .
I never had any gaming system growing up .
and didn’t buy one until about 10 years ago I bought a Xbox .
Sold it as it was better at collecting dust . I would rather test fish water

I am
Feeling older being born in the end of 1979

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hopefully as we get older we get wiser but like you say,we often act like kids so nope ha ha .
I'm born 1978 and my head still tells me and thinks like I was when maybe 20 but body feels and acts like I'm 80 ,I'm literally falling to bits and if I was a horse they would shot me long ago lol ^_^
I feel your pain ..
grey hair set in when I was 14 but still sometimes act like a kid .
long working hours have been hard on my body and also feel like I’m turning 80

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back