- Feb 9, 2013
- Reaction score
https://www.smmas.org/forum/souther...475-christmas-gift-exchange-12-12-2020-12-3pm Christmas Gift Exchange 12-12-2020, 12-3pm - Southern Maryland Marine Aquarium Society
- We are having our Annual Gift Exchange on Saturday, December 12, 2020 from 12:00 to 3:00 at LynneC's house. You must be a paid SMMAS Club member to attend. Gift Exchange participants need to bring a $25.00 wrapped Gift that is related to the Reef or Aquarium Hobby. If you are bringing frags please make sure they are in leak proof wrapped containers.
Door prizes and raffles TBD.
- Gift Exchange Rules:
1. Each current SMMAS club member who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
2. Gift value is approx $25.00.
3. Gifts can be wet or dry but must be wrapped, bagged or boxed so you cant tell what it is.
4. Prepare tickets equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers.
5. Each participating member draws a ticket.
6. On the first turn, the member with ticket #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
8. On the second turn, the member with ticket #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
9. On the third turn, the member with ticket #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
10. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift from one of the unwrapped (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
11. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
12. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the member who just stole it.
13. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "locked" after it has been stolen three times.
14. "Owners" of "unlocked" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
15. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened, unless #1's gift was never stolen, in which case, #1 places their open gift back in the middle and "stealing" continues until the remaining gift in the middle is taken.