OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was able to snap a few pics of the black leopard, and my other three leopards made it into the shot along the lineatus

260F7F31-34F9-4C01-84C1-C8FCE59D5145.jpeg

AAA20AAD-45B9-46E1-B536-1B7CF535D665.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new fts and some shots of the sump/water station, wire management is always a work in progress, so excuse the mess for now.
B940CD43-E996-46E1-9547-E9DE0E443D82.jpeg
E10DB8C0-6038-4276-95E0-961E1C5575A6.jpeg
93E34930-F699-4379-BD04-1154023DC463.jpeg
5EED2A1A-5DDD-42EA-97F9-341E554FB169.jpeg
2B4C7912-3A38-4B6B-A758-A7790B3CFCF0.jpeg

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you able to get the wrasse to eat I have tried a few but have never had long term success with any leopards I have tried all foods it seemed like they ate or picked at the mysis but within a few months passed away

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you able to get the wrasse to eat I have tried a few but have never had long term success with any leopards I have tried all foods it seemed like they ate or picked at the mysis but within a few months passed away

I just loss my black leopard, internal parasites. I found R.O.E. from reef nutrition helps entice, I also feed medicated brine shrimp (dry brine shrimp+ general cure + focus + selcon + vitamins and water, then frozen and fed like frozen). This is the same as dr g food, you could try qt but for me IME it’s a death sentence for leopard, (I qt fairies though) I have heard anecdotally it’s ph related that the low alk and ph of a qt (mine runs 24/7).

I can’t wait to get my trident

It’s awesome you will love it !!!!

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the medicated food your adding to your reef tank does it have any negative effects on the corals

I had no adverse effect on my other fish, in-fact my angel's "stringy poo" cleared up (due to the metro in GC), i feed every am a quarter sized pinch of this mixture and my sps have taken off the same time, I doubt its due to the food more approaching stability; needless nothing bad was observed. The focus help bind the meds ( i believe its polymer but dont quote me) and by adding selcon and vitamins (i used brightwell) you make a nice paste, add some water and then the dried brine shrimp. Since they are dehydrated they absorb it all, what's nice is if you can get this fish to eat it, its more going to its gut vs the tank. Sadly this wrasse would hide when ever i was around (it was strange) and after a few months of not being able to get him to eat this medicated food he perished.

Dukeap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, beautiful tank and nice wrasse collection. Am having a nitrate issue and wanted to know if you were able to do something about your nitrate as you were having problems in some of your early posts. Thank you for any feed back.

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, beautiful tank and nice wrasse collection. Am having a nitrate issue and wanted to know if you were able to do something about your nitrate as you were having problems in some of your early posts. Thank you for any feed back.

Thank you, My hypothesis:I was carbon dosing previously my phosphates were super low with GFO, this caused my nitrates to rise. I also was dosing my own DIY NOPOX which i made more concentrated for easy of dosing via DOS (more concentration less to dos, less often to fill 1 gal jug). This high concentration and high Ph lead to the formation of ethyl acetate (ethanol + acetic acid esterification) which think was posioning the bacteria/tank, lead to a large bag bloom followed by a bunch of fish dying. So based on my 40 gal breeder of past days I got a new sump with a fuge and started growing chaeto with a Kessil H160 first then H360 (H360 its far superior for my application). I repurposed the DOS pump to AWC and do 2 gallons a day, now my nitrates are 5-10, sometimes 12 but never any concern. On the other hand my phosphates are 0.08 - 0.12, i have to change out my GFO (350 mL) every 8-10 days.

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I lost my Rhomboid last week and Im 90% sure the Brunneus is going to die as he is lying on the bottom upside down breathing heavy.

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to see this

Thanks man, long time no see since nano reef days, what are you up to these days?

The brunneus is gone, I did a single treatment of prazipro and going to do a second this friday, I noticed my corris wrasse scratching his gills and with all these mysterious deaths this is the best option. I treated the tank at 8pm and my large Potters leopard along with my Bipartius leopard hide all day, i was terrified i lost them. Upon adding carbon (18 hrs into the treatment) they appeared. Also decided to get rid of the purple tang, he is an ******* and always chases my wrasses around; I think I am going to go tang free and get a few more wrasses (fairy and leopards)

Now I need to figure out how to catch him, any ideas are appreciated.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back