120 SCA Island Peninsula build. My dream build fully automated with basement fish/sump room.

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont plug anything that is power hungry into the neptune power bar the capacitors inside cannot handle the load and will wear out. like heaters pumps i have gone threw 2 there is numerous posts about it just a heads up

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont plug anything that is power hungry into the neptune power bar the capacitors inside cannot handle the load and will wear out. like heaters pumps i have gone threw 2 there is numerous posts about it just a heads up
Thanks. I might have to change a couple things then.

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple updated pics of tank. I had some great success, but my AFS started feeding a lot more than it was supposed to. Im not really sure what happened I might have accidentally opened the opening up more than usual. I didn’t catch it for a week and my phosphate went up to 5! I’m afraid I killed most of my SPS frags.
19384C0E-2BBE-4C37-B625-E0415E490903.jpeg
7AEB402A-8485-4D14-BF18-A664048F0B51.jpeg

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great looking setup. I wish I had a fish room like yours. Having all the equipment up on the table top must be heaven. It kills my back sometimes when I have to work under my stand.

By the way, why are running 2x UV instead of one big one?

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking setup. I wish I had a fish room like yours. Having all the equipment up on the table top must be heaven. It kills my back sometimes when I have to work under my stand.

By the way, why are running 2x UV instead of one big one?
Thanks!
It is nice having everything on that level.
I just set the UV sterilizers up on both return lines. I run one at a much slower rate to kill fish parasites etc and the other one higher. I'm not sure it is beneficial but sounded good to me at the time. LOL

Last edited:

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple updated pics of tank. I had some great success, but my AFS started feeding a lot more than it was supposed to. Im not really sure what happened I might have accidentally opened the opening up more than usual. I didn’t catch it for a week and my phosphate went up to 5! I’m afraid I killed most of my SPS frags.
19384C0E-2BBE-4C37-B625-E0415E490903.jpeg
7AEB402A-8485-4D14-BF18-A664048F0B51.jpeg
awesome reef just saw it for the first time been out of reef2reef for a while but great idea i just dont know how you can pay attention to the TV

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
It is nice having everything on that level.
I just set the UV sterilizers up on both return lines. I run one at a much slower rate to kill fish parasites etc and the other one higher. I'm not sure it is beneficial but sounded good to me at the time. LOL
had one on my 150 going at a slow rate took care of water clarity and an outbreak of dinos fish never got ich on a 120 is alot but the redundansy is not bad

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes is super , love you fish room how long you been in the hobby
I had a reef tank from 2001 to 2007 and got out for several years. This is my getting back into it tank. Only 1 year this time. A lot of innovation in reefing since the first time. Apex is a game changer for me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back