120cm journal, my return to the hobby...

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! long time no update! tank still running.... not looking the best at the moment got some algae issues. summers over time to get back to the tank! ill have to update this thread.

Patrick.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a thread from a while ago where you posted your ceiling light mounting solution. I want to do something similar but can’t for the life of me find the hardware that connects the cable to the track. Is there a chance you could share what you have? Thanks

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure! most hanging kit with the grip lock cables have a 6x1.0 threaded hole on the end that mounts to the ceiling. you can usually slide that size bolt in a 10 series extrusion.

here is a pic of a different hanger i did recently that may explain it a bit better

IMG_1406[1] by shaun s., on Flickr

the bolt slides into the slot and the mount from the kit threads into the bolt. another way to do it if you didnt have a mount kit would be to go to the hardware store and get some ferrul's and stops and the corresponding cable usually 1/16" and use a clevis pin and some washers to fit in the slot, or even drill your 6mm bolt near the end lace the cable through the bolt and crimp your ferrul.

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just filled my kool-aid cup again!

Untitled by shaun s., on Flickr

going to be installing this bad boy this weekend! tank is doin pretty good getting some new growth now that im more engaged in the tank. ill snap some pics this weekend.

quick nighttime led shot! so i can atleast say i put a tank pic up in my build thread lol

Untitled by shaun s., on Flickr

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back