Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Blue bucket mixes in the lowish range, I think 35ppt is 7.8-8.2 dKH

There were some mixed results from using the Aquaforest on the local reefer groups here and this supplier quickly lost its grip.
I'll take a look at it.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest FTS

46424185454_9d78b1dfe5_k.jpg

46424191744_49366248f3_k.jpg

40182658503_53e81aa4bb_k.jpg

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful!

Just a thought about the salt. If this is just a temporary shortage couldn’t you just get another salt and cut it with straight up sodium chloride to reduce the values until your preferred brand becomes available again?

That is what I am searching for now.
Still did not buy anything. I have about 2kg left, but next weekend I will need to buy some.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immaculate Janci... just wow. Looking purrrrrrdy!!

Thanks. The tank appreciates it.

Janci the tank is looking absolutely lovely! I think in a few months that blue/purple stag will be touching the surface!
It's been a little while since your lighting change, what changes have you noticed since the swap?

It is hard to say what changed due to the extra T5's. I added them about 7 weeks ago, but I also did many more changes.
I believe there are changes which can all be due to other, or a combination of factors, such as lower and stable alk, the T5's, Coral Essentials, better flow with the upgrade of the MP40's to Tunze, biweekly water changes,...

I still like to add an extra pair of T5's, but hardly find the time to do so.
It would be necessary to take of the complete support, add extra brackets (which I have laying around somewhere already), align everything, redo the wire managements and connect the bulbs.

Unfortunately I work 12 hours a day, commute one hour, go to the gym minimum 4 times a week (I became 40 last year and decided to live "better"), I am redoing/painting the baby room and when I have a moment left, I go to the garage and do some modifications on the motorcycle which I like to have operational as soon as possible.
I gave my PAR meter to a fellow reefer who is still not ready with it, so until then, I just focus on the above. LOL

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is hard to say what changed due to the extra T5's. I added them about 7 weeks ago, but I also did many more changes.
I believe there are changes which can all be due to other, or a combination of factors, such as lower and stable alk, the T5's, Coral Essentials, better flow with the upgrade of the MP40's to Tunze, biweekly water changes,...

It would be necessary to take of the complete support, add extra brackets (which I have laying around somewhere already), align everything, redo the wire managements and connect the bulbs.

Unfortunately I work 12 hours a day, commute one hour, go to the gym minimum 4 times a week (I became 40 last year and decided to live "better"), I am redoing/painting the baby room and when I have a moment left, I go to the garage and do some modifications on the motorcycle which I like to have operational as soon as possible.
I gave my PAR meter to a fellow reefer who is still not ready with it, so until then, I just focus on the above. LOL
Haha sounds like you have plenty on your plate mate!
I worked similar hours last year and found it hard to find time for my tank, you're tank is doing extremely well for all the other important things you have in your life!

I guess it would be difficult to track any changes from the light given all the other changes but as good as the tank is looking I think it's safe to say they definitely haven't made things worse :)

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't believe you find the time to put as much as you do into such an incredible tank! Hats off to you.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back