Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleased to present to you all...

Rafael,
newest member in this reef clan.

20190816_102445.jpg

Mother and baby are doing very well.
Father is arranging drinks.
He is beautiful. I have boys too -- and they are totally worth it. (Although mine tried feeding pizza crusts to my fish the other day.) Everything you thought you knew about parenting flew out the window when this guy was born and you have to learn as you go. I too took a hiatus from reefing when my oldest son was born. My husband has been listening to me say for years, "I'd love to get another tank...I wonder if we should start one up again." I understand the break. I hope everyone is healthy.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Janci,

Any updates? Haven't heard anything for 2 months.

Starting a new Thread? (Or just hanging around others for now).
He is beautiful. I have boys too -- and they are totally worth it. (Although mine tried feeding pizza crusts to my fish the other day.) Everything you thought you knew about parenting flew out the window when this guy was born and you have to learn as you go. I too took a hiatus from reefing when my oldest son was born. My husband has been listening to me say for years, "I'd love to get another tank...I wonder if we should start one up again." I understand the break. I hope everyone is healthy.

Thank you for the kind words.
All are doing fine. The boy is kind of more than a hand full. He is only 3 months, but weighs like a 8 month baby and talks like his mother.

We miss you (and your tank) around here Janci! Hope all is well with you.

tempted to join the FW forums just to see what stuff and craziness you’re up to :)

I am still around, making sure nobody here does anything foolish.

In the past months I have been doubting, but bit the bullit to go green, where people and fish tanks love nitrates and phosphates.

I miss the reef tank a lot though.
When I came home at night, it always was relaxing to see how everything was doing.
My wife is still mad at me for taking it down... although when it was there, she complained I spent too much time on it. Still trying to figure that one out. :rolleyes:

As I still in Dubai for the moment and will move to Vietnam in May, I will not set up any big tank for the time being.

I now play around in this 60L thingy.
I added a plastic bottle to not lose touch as this is very common in reefs nowadays .

Reef2Reef.jpg

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I came home at night, it always was relaxing to see how everything was doing.
My wife is still mad at me for taking it down... although when it was there, she complained I spent too much time on it. Still trying to figure that one out. :rolleyes:
Don’t bother, those creatures are nothing if not full of contradictions

Good looking planted tank though!
Where in Vietnam will you be moving to? I remember a buddy of mine taking some pictures of some good looking fish stores located on the aquarium street in Ho Chi Minh city.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words.
All are doing fine. The boy is kind of more than a hand full. He is only 3 months, but weighs like a 8 month baby and talks like his mother.

I am still around, making sure nobody here does anything foolish.

In the past months I have been doubting, but bit the bullit to go green, where people and fish tanks love nitrates and phosphates.

As I still in Dubai for the moment and will move to Vietnam in May, I will not set up any big tank for the time being.

I now play around in this 60L thingy.
I added a plastic bottle to not lose touch as this is very common in reefs nowadays .

Reef2Reef.jpg
That makes me want to try fw.

OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t bother, those creatures are nothing if not full of contradictions

Good looking planted tank though!
Where in Vietnam will you be moving to? I remember a buddy of mine taking some pictures of some good looking fish stores located on the aquarium street in Ho Chi Minh city.

We are going to Hai Phong, which is on the other side , closer to China and at 2 hours from Hanoi.
It seems like Ho Chi Minh is indeed the place to be, although there are some option in Hanoi as well.
Vietnam is famous for their corals... it will be difficult to resist the temptation.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are going to Hai Phong, which is on the other side , closer to China and at 2 hours from Hanoi.
It seems like Ho Chi Minh is indeed the place to be, although there are some option in Hanoi as well.
Vietnam is famous for their corals... it will be difficult to resist the temptation.
Resistance is futile, just give in!

Nuuze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and setup! I wanted to ask you about the Dastaco XtremA1. How's reliability and usability of the CaRx? Is the system pretty stable and quiet? I ask because my system is in my living room and near silent. How’s it compares being more than double the price of others like GEO? Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Janci

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build and setup! I wanted to ask you about the Dastaco XtremA1. How's reliability and usability of the CaRx? Is the system pretty stable and quiet? I ask because my system is in my living room and near silent. How’s it compares being more than double the price of others like GEO? Thanks!

I cannot compare any of the othe calcium reactors out there as the Dastaco is the only I ever used.
It is quiet. The only equipment of it that you would hear is the peristaltic pump that feeds the reactors.
Once you have it set, you can rely on it. The only swings are the ones that come from the consumption in the reef.
I would recommend it, but indeed, it comes at a price.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made it through your thread. You had an amazing tank. I really hope that you start a new one. Belated congratulations on the new kid.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning @janc
I wanted to stop by and say hello to you and thank you for visiting my build thread and for the advice you provided.

I'm about to go out of town for a week so I'm not mounting the new lights until I return home. I don't want to make a change like that and not be home to monitor the results.

Thanks again buddy.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back