120g stocking list

JMREEFCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all i wanted your guys opinion on my stocking list for my 120g 4x2x2 will be a mixed reef a little more sps dominant

Powder brown tang
Chocolate tang
Tomini tang
2 clowns
3 lyretail anthias
3 dispar anthias
Melanurus wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse

i also wanted to ask what kind of timeline should i add these dish to avoid aggression like anthias first tangs last? Appreciate all your thoughts and opinions thank you

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this size tank, your tang list isnt the best. With the powder brown and chocolate mimic, they are both acanthurus tangs which in itself causes a risk for aggression between them two as they are going to go after each other. Alongside this they get decently big around 9 inches are heavy swimmers which need the 6 ft once they grow in size.

The tomini would be a perfect fit with this size tank.

Not sure about the wrasses, but the number of fish in general is a good number. I would say 10-12 fish is usually a good number to have in this tank with a variety of sizes and types

OP
OP
JMREEFCO

JMREEFCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this size tank, your tang list isnt the best. With the powder brown and chocolate mimic, they are both acanthurus tangs which in itself causes a risk for aggression between them two as they are going to go after each other. Alongside this they get decently big around 9 inches are heavy swimmers which need the 6 ft once they grow in size.

The tomini would be a perfect fit with this size tank.

Not sure about the wrasses, but the number of fish in general is a good number. I would say 10-12 fish is usually a good number to have in this tank with a variety of sizes and types
Thanks for you input i kinda figured the tangs were the only iffy part of this list and would you suggest i add the tomini last? I hear tangs can be really aggressive with new additions sometimes

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for you input i kinda figured the tangs were the only iffy part of this list and would you suggest i add the tomini last? I hear tangs can be really aggressive with new additions sometimes
Well if your only tang will be the tomini, you can add it last but, in my experience, the tomini tang and bristletooths in general dont present aggression towards most other fish.

But if you do plan on adding any other tangs, the tomini should probably be the first as they are part of the least aggressive tangs

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop the powder and chocolate tang. I have a tomini in my 120 and it does well. I would add towards the end if you can. Consider a bellus angel.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second rerouting away from the powder and chocolate. They are both pacers. Swimming hard end to end constantly. I'm QT ing two acanthurus tangs in a 120 4x2x2. It isn't big enough. WT Bristletooth would be a good add. Captive bred yellow?

I had 4 tangs in my 120 at one time. I feed heavy and varied. It was fine.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second rerouting away from the powder and chocolate. They are both pacers. Swimming hard end to end constantly. I'm QT ing two acanthurus tangs in a 120 4x2x2. It isn't big enough. WT Bristletooth would be a good add. Captive bred yellow?

I had 4 tangs in my 120 at one time. I feed heavy and varied. It was fine.
I second all of this. Currently doing 4 zebrasomas in a 120, my oversized skimmer keeps busy for sure.

OP
OP
JMREEFCO

JMREEFCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop the powder and chocolate tang. I have a tomini in my 120 and it does well. I would add towards the end if you can. Consider a bellus angel.
Just looked them up definitely going to consider one now such a beautiful fish

OP
OP
JMREEFCO

JMREEFCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second all of this. Currently doing 4 zebrasomas in a 120, my oversized skimmer keeps busy for sure.
So i take it avoid acanthurus and stay with zebrasoma so my new list is

Yellow tang or bellus angelfish
Scopas tang
Tomini tang
2 clowns
3 lyretail anthias
3 dispar anthias
Melanurus wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back