• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

125 Echo Tech Teardown. Moving & Getting Out of Hobby. DREAM SALE!!! You Wont Find This One Again!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello members sorry for the confusion. Yes specific equipment was used and fired up once for initial setup, fitment, and testing. During trial run I checked for any leaks on tank, stand support issues, and plumbing issues. After testing was complete to my satisfaction, tank was drained and re positioned to another room within my home. I had my contractor install new 110V sockets within that room to accommodate the new tank. From that point on the tank sat empty until my whole home remodel was finished before I turned all equipment back on and began filling the tank with water. Sorry for any confusion.
Ok, but I'm still a bit confused. It seems you're saying in this statement that you only tested the equipment, but it seems you did run the reef for a bit, correct? This post seems to indicate you had corals in the system for at least a few months: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...ech-lifereef-setup.215973/page-2#post-2644171 I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly. It appears this equipment is definitely used, but your point is that it sat unused after it was used for a few (6) months, right?

OP
OP
Rinks

Rinks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, but I'm still a bit confused. It seems you're saying in this statement that you only tested the equipment, but it seems you did run the reef for a bit, correct? This post seems to indicate you had corals in the system for at least a few months: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...ech-lifereef-setup.215973/page-2#post-2644171 I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly. It appears this equipment is definitely used, but your point is that it sat unused after it was used for a few (6) months, right?

I have a 55 Gallon and a 40 Gallon breeder in which i propagated corals and had corals in. When my home construction began I had my smaller setups fully running with their own gear and equipment growing and housing coral. As construction started/finished I purchased more rock, sand, corals, test kits etc for my 125 knowing that I would soon be placing it into final position. Your comment states....

"I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly. It appears this equipment is definitely used, but your point is that it sat unused after it was used for a few (6) months, right?"

Im not really sure what your implying here when you say equipment has definitely been used... Of course the equipment has been used. Used can mean either gently used or road hard and put away wet type of used. In my case demo and plug and play was my first initial use of the gear. I fired it up and made sure everything was copacetic and running properly. Once satisfied I dismantled some equipment for the relocation of the tank and moved the system. It was my decision to fire the tank 100% once all home construction was done. I mean why fire up a tank when I have contractors doing demo on 3/4 of my home. I did not want to risk a shattered tank or worse broken parts of a newly installed system. The tank was left drained and covered while this process concluded.

In the meantime I worked strictly out of my 55G and 40G breeder tank. The corals and livestock from both of these tanks which were on my second story of my home held all of my critters and livestock that would be soon part of the transition into the 125.

Please understand this example pertaining to my equipment.....for example a car......

We can drive to Audi and say hi im interested in a new Audi. The sales man will most likely offer you a test drive. This vehicle obviously will be the same one that you are interested in. Also most likely the vehicle will have some moderate demo use. Generally speaking 100-500 miles on it. This is the reason it is a demo. This demo will allow the user to test the unit to see if he/she likes the unit before making a decision to buy. Now this does not mean this vehicle would be considered used to the point of 50,000 miles. There is a very real difference between New, Demo, and Used. All of my parts to this system are flawless. No scratches, chips, broken pieces,... Etc. Setup for demo use and testing absolutely. Used for 6-8 Months after tank was refilled and kicked into gear absolutely. Used for several years or damaged in some sort of way... completely wrong.

I hope this help clear up and questions you may have.

Rich1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I ordered from you arrived this evening and was packaged nicely! Thanks for the speedy shipping !!!!!!

Rich1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, everything you sent was plugged in today and calibrated and all of it works flawlessly. It has been removed until I finalize all control locations!

OP
OP
Rinks

Rinks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear brother. Enjoy. It has been a joy for me as well.

OP
OP
Rinks

Rinks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SALE UPDATE #5

SOME ITEMS HAVE BEEN MARKED DOWN! PRICE REDUCTIONS!

After all of the PM's I have received about parting individual items, I have decided to part out the system. Please understand that all equipment listed has only been used and in action for 6 months time. Also please understand manufacturer dates are the dates in which the product was made and put up for sale. This does not mean that this day was the specific day that I Installed the product on my tank and turned it on. In addition please understand that when I purchased these items for my tank they were all brand new, This means I paid MSRP on it and the cost was substantial on some of the equipment. With this being said I am listing all equipment at a price that I feel is reasonable for both parties. Please do not send me other post's or links comparing my items which are very gently used to products that are 2/3 years old. I do appreciate this. This sale is for serious reefers only.

Thank you so much for understanding.

ACT NOW THIS STUFF WILL MOVE QUICK

Hello everyone, Im posting today because I am moving and can no longer take my tank and equipment with me. I have been in the hobby for over 5 years now and have put together an amazing tank. I spare no expense when it came to the build. All equipment and tank have been purchased brand new and have only had one owner (myself). I have over $10,000 invested in this system and need to move all of it immediately. All of my livestock is already sold/donated. I will negotiate a delivery with you within a two hour drive from me.

125 Gallon Drilled Tank - $550 MSRP$920
125 Gallon Custom Stand -$400 MSRP$825
(3) Eco Tech Radions G3 Pro - SOLD
(3) Eco Tech Radion XR30 Tank Mounts -SOLD

Eco Tech MP60W Propeller Pump -$400 MSRP $650
Eco Tech Vectra L1 -$320 MSRP $450
Eco Tech Battery Backup -$100 MSRP $150
Neptune Apex Classic - SOLD
Life Reef Custom CLF1 Berlin Sump (Skimmer, Mag 12, Custom Media Reactors, etc) -$500 MSRP $1400
Life Reef Custom 10 Gallon Reefegium. (Algae growth tank) -$175 MSRP $300
Spectra Pure RODI Complete System -$150 MSRP $300
BRS Dual Deionization Canister With TDS Meter -$70 MSRP $110
BRS Single Deionization Canister - $45 MSRP $50 (used once)
Tunze Osimilator 3155 ( ATO) -SOLD
Tunze Aqua Wind Cooler -$40 MSRP$100
Eshoppes S200 Skimmer - SOLD
Apex Classic - SOLD
EB8 - SOLD

Two Little Fishies Reactor 150 -$25 MSRP$50
(2) 60 Gallon Water Change Reservoirs -$200 For The Pair MSRP$325
40 Gallon Breeder Acclimation Tank - FREE WITH PURCHASE OF MAIN TANK
300 + LBS Of Dry Rock - SOLD

Materials & Chemicals

50 LBS of Salt -$50 MSRP$77
BRS Magnesium PM ME For Specifics
BRS Soda Ash PM ME For Specifics
BRS Calcium PM ME For Specifics
BRS Alkalinity PM ME For Specifics
Purple Up PM ME For Specifics
Zooplankton PM ME For Specifics
Frag Rocks PM ME For Specifics
Rock Prep PM ME For Specifics
Melafix PM ME For Specifics
Coral Vite PM ME For Specifics
All Mixing Containers, Measuring Cups, Brackets and Holders

Please PM me if interested.....

IMG_0176.JPG

125 Gallon Drilled Tank with custom Stand.

IMG_0239.JPG

Full Neptune APEX system with all the goodies. Dual Power Bars, Leak detection, and Breakout box. Also all included modules with the Big Daddy kit. Cost me $800 + for this.

IMG_0264.JPG

Lifereef custom built sump with Protein Skimmer, Mag 12 and Mag 9 pumps, Custom Media Reactors, and custom drilled ATO/DOS system Inserts. $1500 system Direct from Jeff at Lifereef.
IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Another shot of the tank build.

IMG_0889.jpg

Reefugium before I washed out sand (Algea growth system)

IMG_0892.jpg

Two Little Fishies & Eshoppes S200 ( Rated for 200 Gallon System)

IMG_0271.JPG

Water Change Station. Includes (2) 60 Gallon Tanks & 2400GPH Pump.

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0895.jpg

BRS Chemicals, Test Kits all Brand New

IMG_0890.jpg

Hannah Chekers ( Alk and Phos)

IMG_0893.jpg

Spectra Pure RODI system with Dual and Single Resin Chambers

IMG_0019.JPG

Night shot of Tank with Ecotech G3 Radions Fish & Coral.

IMG_0563.JPG

6 Months into the installation and Growth is amazing in coral and fish.

IMG_0022.JPG

Another Great Picture

IMG_0514.JPG

After I gut down corals from the growth.

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back