125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry guys, still no pictures. Yesterday I was able to get the final pieces for the return piping and we got the paint for the background - going to go with a royal blue.

We got home from the store and starts finishing the quail coop. We got the shade sail up and worked on the base of the coop some more.

Bowling came after that. Now my back is sore and tired, but we had fun.

I told my wife the tank is coming inside Monday! My daughter needs to clean the 30 so I can tear down the 20.
I'll probably just move the 5 for now and deal with that after a little bit. We need to find a new temporary spot for Pineapple.

Also, the 110 is running on a single Chinese black box light right now (the Viparspectra timer died) and it's not "bright" but good enough for now so if I may take the Vipar and add it to the 125 per the recommendation of @billyocean if I need more light. It's only a 165 but that'll be a lot of wattage doing that. Hopefully pictures tomorrow!!!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 165 as well that I want to hook up in the middle of the 125..but that center brace is killer. The par from the 165 is the same..just half the size, I tested that too

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 165 as well that I want to hook up in the middle of the 125..but that center brace is killer. The par from the 165 is the same..just half the size, I tested that too
Mine doesn't have the center brace - it has two middle braces so it would be the two 140s on the outside thirds and the Vipar in the middle. That'll give me the 75 for the sump and the 90 for the 15 or vice versa.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Otherwise it'll be the 90 in the middle, 140s on the sides, 75 and Fuge light on the 15 and no light on the sump. I guess I don't need a light on the sump since there isn't a Fuge anyway...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, the 165 will be perfect for the middle
I just have to decide if I want to take it from the 110 and leave it dim. It's freshwater and needs super bright since it's a 31" tall tank with some plants... Who knows.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Painting has begun! Two coats on, looks like maybe 1 more plus the top and bottom need a little extra.
IMG_20220620_120633681_HDR.jpg

I'm sure hoping it gets to come inside today but I guess we're going to the new Jurassic Park this afternoon.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is that? I assume it's krylon fusion. I am considering painting mine but it would have to be around when we move and the tank is as empty as I can get it. The top will be covered with a clean tarp if I do it. I doubt I'll do that at all though.

I can't wait to see it filled.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What color is that? I assume it's krylon fusion. I am considering painting mine but it would have to be around when we move and the tank is as empty as I can get it. The top will be covered with a clean tarp if I do it. I doubt I'll do that at all though.

Nope... It's actually craft paint. It comes off easy if you change your mind (beneficial until you drip water down the back of the tank or move a tube or piece of equipment). It's Royal blue.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Painting the back is great. You can always use the premade backgrounds (they have solid colors). We've done black on most tanks but it makes things look dim. Brighter colors make things look brighter but they start looking dirty faster. We did a blue/green on 20 and it looks good but algae shows up big time. We decided to give this blue a try. Who knows, it may look like garbage with my blue lighting.
we-can-be-in-some-big-trouble-keaton-barger.gif
say-what-dunno.gif
no-regrets-no-ragrets.gif

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You are always doing something cool.
Unfortunately. It means I'm never home to work on stuff... I'm going to be heading to Missouri before long too - grandpa died just after the Fourth last year. Grandma isn't doing good and I may be heading back in another week or so for her funeral.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm also considering this guy for the frag tank I'm hoping to attach to the sump:

And this guy for the DT:

Both of those are awesome fish. The cleaner goby is always out and about. The CJG is pretty timid but he has his little spot.

Sorry to hear about Grandma.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
both of those are awesome fish. The cleaner goby is always out and about. The CJG is pretty timid but he has his little spot.
Yep! I really want a Cleaner. I have a Hector's Goby but was wanting the Clown Jester when I purchased him. He's probably the least shy of my fish. Hides occasionally but is out more than my tang. Cardinals are the only ones out more.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately. It means I'm never home to work on stuff... I'm going to be heading to Missouri before long too - grandpa died just after the Fourth last year. Grandma isn't doing good and I may be heading back in another week or so for her funeral.
I'm sorry.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! I really want a Cleaner. I have a Hector's Goby but was wanting the Clown Jester when I purchased him. He's probably the least shy of my fish. Hides occasionally but is out more than my tang. Cardinals are the only ones out more.
I want a hectors goby but can't find one locally yet. Apparently they, or at least some, "eat" cyano.
Hope everything works out for the best with your grandma

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I want a hectors goby but can't find one locally yet. Apparently they, or at least some, "eat" cyano.
Hope everything works out for the best with your grandma
She's been going downhill for a while now - pretty much since my grandpa passed. They're not hopeful. The doctor's are thinking some fast form of cancer but the biopsy they took had some "live cells" so they can't run the test.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's been going downhill for a while now - pretty much since my grandpa passed. They're not hopeful. The doctor's are thinking some fast form of cancer but the biopsy they took had some "live cells" so they can't run the test.
Sending good juju her and your way. I know it's tough. Btdt.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back