125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!
True, there could be other people that need something similar!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Second DIY rock installed! (Technically the 3rd, I glued that small zoa chunk to a piece of rubble I made) Next time - yes @billyocean I'm already planning more - I'm going to add some holes for frags. I planned on drilling these but cured concrete is not fun to drill.
IMG_20220923_135056921.jpg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second DIY rock installed! (Technically the 3rd, I glued that small zoa chunk to a piece of rubble I made) Next time - yes @billyocean I'm already planning more - I'm going to add some holes for frags. I planned on drilling these but cured concrete is not fun to drill.
IMG_20220923_135056921.jpg
Hammer drill! Lol

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so the day after I put the first rock in I had a nasty bacterial bloom or Chrysophytes. It lasted until Wednesday. At the same time all my dying macro algae seemed to melt. I fed a mix of Reef Roids, Reef Candy, and Benepets trying to get a little detectable phosphates and bring my nitrates up some. I'm guessing the lack of nutrients caused the macro death and the macro death and possible loss of a snail or two caused the bacteria bloom. We'll see though! Now that I added a second rock of the junk comes back... None of my coral suffered and my fish all look happy and healthy and the junk is gone for now.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!
I just checked the library down the street and sure enough that have one and it costs 1.00 per hour of run time. Objects can be up to 6x6x6 or max 8 hrs. They use PLA Filament. Is that OK to make some of those twisty frag holders or some urchin hats?

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just checked the library down the street and sure enough that have one and it costs 1.00 per hour of run time. Objects can be up to 6x6x6 or max 8 hrs. They use PLA Filament. Is that OK to make some of those twisty frag holders or some urchin hats?
Mine charges $0.10 per gram.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I uploaded the hanger (single and double) and a pump to hose fitting to Thingverse. This is fun! Now to get a 3D printer...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking at my tank today and the sand seems to be clearing up. No nasty snot strings of bacteria or Chrysophytes either. It was probably a snail death which bumped the ammonia which exploded bacteria which raised my nitrates and feeding the Reef Roids raised my phosphates which eliminated the algae.

My in-laws are coming over to work on the bathroom some more. Maybe after we finish working my wife and I will run down to the new LFS and pick up a Watchman for $20.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If there's no nasty algae junk by tomorrow evening still I'll add another piece of rock, then one more probably Tuesday evening if we're still looking good. On Thursday I'll add the last 3 pieces and start making another batch I think - this time with holes for frag plugs in the shelf pieces.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back