125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Goodish news, the Zippy Acro showed back up yesterday... Something pushed it out from behind the rock work enough that I saw the tip of the frag plug sticking out. It's either browned out from too little light or it bit the dust. I put it back on the rack so we'll see if it colors back up. Lights are just coming on and it looks like all 4 from BattleCorals are still happy (how can you tell if a polypless acro is happy? Color looks good but without any PE...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up a couple of snails - went for a conch but they were out. Grabbed a Top Crown and a Turbo.
IMG_20221202_180010736.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally download the Photone app. Going to try to grab a couple of readings tomorrow. Trying to figure out how to grab the most accurate reads I can since I'll have to remove the egg crate lid to hold the phone underwater. I'll figure it out.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I went to the furniture store today. My wife found a nice cabinet she wanted for a kitchen island. As we're leaving she looks at me and says "Timmmm.....". I said "I know, you just spent a lot of money. And?". She responds with a "I don't want to hear it. You just spent a lot on coral!". First off, I didn't say anything about her spending money on a cabinet. Second, the cabinet was almost $1000, the corals were $80... Where's the comparison here?
clerks 2 women GIF

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you have the energy to update? Im dying over here!
I have a bday and xmas to prepfor ... i going to sleep.
My birthday is coming up! And my wife's, and my anniversary, and Christmas...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I used Photone today just to get the "out of water" readings. 320 at the surface. I gotta dig the kayak cellphone sleeve out tomorrow and calibrate it and check inside the water. I'm afraid where the Acros are is only around 250, maybe a little more. They all have decent PE today. I didn't realize that the Pink Cadillac and Acroberry had polyps but they do!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My birthday is coming up! And my wife's, and my anniversary, and Christmas...
OH thank GOD my husband doesn't care about anniversary's. I forgot when we got married..... That's not important right now.
So I used Photone today just to get the "out of water" readings. 320 at the surface. I gotta dig the kayak cellphone sleeve out tomorrow and calibrate it and check inside the water. I'm afraid where the Acros are is only around 250, maybe a little more. They all have decent PE today. I didn't realize that the Pink Cadillac and Acroberry had polyps but they do!
250 is absolutely fine for some acros. If you need to know what numbers are best for them. Do talk to Adam. He's very communicative. He can probably tell you what is best par for color and growth. I've tested miyagi tort. Color is 500 par. Growth is 250-300. Some like lower par levels. I forgot which ones.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OH thank GOD my husband doesn't care about anniversary's. I forgot when we got married..... That's not important right now.

250 is absolutely fine for some acros. If you need to know what numbers are best for them. Do talk to Adam. He's very communicative. He can probably tell you what is best par for color and growth. I've tested miyagi tort. Color is 500 par. Growth is 250-300. Some like lower par levels. I forgot which ones.
I'll shoot him an email! I need to do more testing because I have a couple spots with very decent flow that I'd love to put a stick. I've got a couple of digis I was considering but if a Mille or one of the other two Acros would work there I'd be happy!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My wife was getting the date wrong when we were planning our wedding. A potentially very expensive mistake.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife was getting the date wrong when we were planning our wedding. A potentially very expensive mistake.
My wife keeps asking when our anniversary is. She has a 50/50 chance... Our anniversary is the 29th, my birthday is the 30th. She can never remember which is which.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I'm not sure... Photone app calibrated to 511 (reading 1" from light) is off by about 25 par at the surface of the tank. Calibrated to 276 (reading sitting on the lid of the tank) is off by 77 par at 1" from the light... If I calibrate it to the lid at 276 it shows 350 under the 140s (actual is 323). And 588 at the light (511 is actual). Bottom of the tank shows 11 under the 90 and 40 under the 140. The shelf I was hoping to be able to put a stick on shows 45... I don't think I trust this (it looks too bright to be only 10 par). It also says my acro shelf is sitting at 110 - 130 par.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back