125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a large amount of info. I hope grandma is comfortable as possible. May her passing come with ease and much comfort to those who love her.
I watched my dad pass from small cell cancer. He went peacefully.

Happy quail farming. Spoiled doggos you got there. Sunny loves slightly cooked food. Not raw.

Once that tank gets additions, you know the drill. Pics and lots of them.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a large amount of info. I hope grandma is comfortable as possible. May her passing come with ease and much comfort to those who love her.
I watched my dad pass from small cell cancer. He went peacefully.

Happy quail farming. Spoiled doggos you got there. Sunny loves slightly cooked food. Not raw.

Once that tank gets additions, you know the drill. Pics and lots of them.
TONS of them. I'm going to get pics once the tank is in, pics with the rock work, pics after the sand, and so on!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you picked out the cuc team?
Not yet. I like astreas and turbos. I usually stock a ton of cerith snails and several nassarius snails. I'll probably end up with 1 or 2 conches. Brittle star eventually. I like the bright red hermits, blue legs, and I'd like a Halloween hermit. I'm probably going to be watching for a Halloween pincushion urchin but they're kinda rare so it'll probably be a standard pincushion and maybe a tuxedo (but that one I'm only "barely" considering). I'd like a couple of peppermint shrimp and maybe a skunk cleaner. I'm probably getting a blue neon cleaner Goby ad well. Nerites are also on my list.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No ammonia and no nitrites in the rock bucket. Started tearing down the 20 and 10 today so hopefully tomorrow afternoon (I'm going to get the last OT I qualify for tomorrow morning) the tank is coming in.

First step - tonight before bed the tank gets a last coat of blue on the back. I'm thinking of doing the side as well, but that can be done after it's inside.

Next step - finish tearing down and relocating the 20 gallon, put the 10 gallon away and move the 5 gallon.

Then - pull the 125 off the stand and bring the stand in, set the sump and tank, run the plumbing, and start mixing the water!

Finally - add sand, rock ,PNS Substrate Sauce and TurboStart bacteria. Run it run it run it! After we come back from Missouri I'll start assembling the Avengers... Well, maybe the CUC.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, she passed just after midnight tonight. I've got the rest of today (except my wife wants to go to a friend's house for dinner and a movie), tomorrow, Sunday afternoon/evening, and Monday to get the tank inside and filled. Tuesday and Wednesday are probably going to be spent getting ready to leave.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My condolences.

It's nice having distractions.
Yep. I've been at work all day (supposed to be my day off). Mom texted me while I was driving in. My grandpa passed 1 year ago tomorrow at almost the same time. It's weird how these things go...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. I've been at work all day (supposed to be my day off). Mom texted me while I was driving in. My grandpa passed 1 year ago tomorrow at almost the same time. It's weird how these things go...
Yuh it is. Last year, my husbands old dog passed the same day I miscarried. And the day after that my 90g sprung a leak. You have no idea how badly I needed that to happen. It was a miracle in a sense. I was so full of anger. All I could think of when that happened was to get everyone into the 60g. I spent that whole day saving my little reef. It just helped numb the pain.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, she passed just after midnight tonight. I've got the rest of today (except my wife wants to go to a friend's house for dinner and a movie), tomorrow, Sunday afternoon/evening, and Monday to get the tank inside and filled. Tuesday and Wednesday are probably going to be spent getting ready to leave.
I'm sorry.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuh it is. Last year, my husbands old dog passed the same day I miscarried. And the day after that my 90g sprung a leak. You have no idea how badly I needed that to happen. It was a miracle in a sense. I was so full of anger. All I could think of when that happened was to get everyone into the 60g. I spent that whole day saving my little reef. It just helped numb the pain.
I'm sorry for you too.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Deepest condolences brother. Celebrate the life and cherish the memories. Nobody is truly dead until there is nobody left who remembers them.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got one more coat of blue and then two coats of black (sorry for the glare). Should be coming inside tomorrow - we're at a friend's house for dinner and a movie.

IMG_20220701_173412188.jpg IMG_20220701_173404930.jpg

IMG_20220701_173412188.jpg IMG_20220701_173404930.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We did decide where the 20 is going (not in my daughter's room yet - she failed to clean it.

The 10 is going under the 125 but it needs to be off the stand/cabinet so I can put the 125 there.

The 5 is moving over against the 65 for now until the promotion is official and I get back from Missouri and then it will probably end up going to work with me.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way @Jedi1199 is your avatar the San Jose Sharks?

Yes it is!!!

I am an avid hockey fanatic. Have been since I was a kid. Played in a small league as a late teen. Strange that the NHL had no interest in a player with hands like a fish who skated like his feet were molded in concrete... Their loss.. hahaha

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back