125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
glee-kurt-hummel.gif

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Work from home they said!
It'll be great they said!
Your wife would never have you start tearing out the bathroom they said!
IMG_20220728_183432700.jpg

Ok, maybe they never said that last part, but if they had they would've been wrong! In my wife's defense she did let me finish my work day BEFORE we started tearing up the shower.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work from home they said!
It'll be great they said!
Your wife would never have you start tearing out the bathroom they said!
IMG_20220728_183432700.jpg

Ok, maybe they never said that last part, but if they had they would've been wrong! In my wife's defense she did let me finish my work day BEFORE we started tearing up the shower.
All that saved time not commuting.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All that saved time not commuting.
It's funny because I got in the car to go to dinner last night and it was on empty... Apparently my wife decided that since I wasn't using it she'd take my car and use my gas to take my son to the doctor.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny because I got in the car to go to dinner last night and it was on empty... Apparently my wife decided that since I wasn't using it she'd take my car and use my gas to take my son to the doctor.
How kind of her. We finally got our car back from the transmission shop. It's been a month and a half at least.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No car stolen. Just the bad trans.
Someone had a car stolen from their driveway one night and their second car broke a couple of days later. Can't remember who it was.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Alright! We were working in the bathroom more this morning and then made a dump run. Since we had the trailer hooked up we figured it'd be a good time to go bathtub shopping. I sat in probably 40-50 tubs today. We decided which tubs we probably want but we have to find a shower base that will fit next to them so we didn't buy one today - but we have a semi-plan!

I'm tank news, since we were downtown we decided to hit up the old Ocean Floor. My wife grabbed some Flagfish and Rasboras for the FW tank and we grabbed some gracilaria and 5 Astrea snails. Also decided that since we were at a store that sells it - might as well grab some Reef Chowda! 16 ounces of a mix of pods, rotifers, phyto, and brine shrimp. This stuff is great. Manufactured by the son-in-law of @SawCJack00 if I'm not mistaken.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have an in-tank refugium. I'm going to set that up this afternoon for the Red Ogo and some rubble I've been cycling and is ready to go. One of the "perks" of having a sump with no refugium. I'll get pics later.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Mschmidt I just checked a couple of different brands: Quikrete Portland cement has >1% silica sand, Sakrete has 1-3% silica sand, and Quikrete Rapid setting concrete mix has 40-70% silica sand. I would definitely stay away from the rapid set concrete mixes if you decide to build rock.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mschmidt I just checked a couple of different brands: Quikrete Portland cement has >1% silica sand, Sakrete has 1-3% silica sand, and Quikrete Rapid setting concrete mix has 40-70% silica sand. I would definitely stay away from the rapid set concrete mixes if you decide to build rock.
That is a big percent. It will be avoided. It's probably safe to assume the >1% of quikrete Portland is taken care of in the fresh and salt water baths.

Back