125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is a big percent. It will be avoided. It's probably safe to assume the >1% of quikrete Portland is taken care of in the fresh and salt water baths.
I'm guessing the >1% and the 1-3% are just those "Manufactured in a facility containing Silica sand" estimates but you're probably right. If there's any, he freshwater and saltwater soaks would probably eliminate most of not all of that.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We got stuck in a Huboob on that way home this afternoon! Hard to see but the wind was blowing, the sky was dark, and the sand was blowing! It was really cool looking from abia mile away, not so much from inside it.
IMG_20220731_154034161_HDR.jpg

Also, got the Gracilaria put in.
IMG_20220731_181015282.jpg

I'm considering putting the clownfish from the 5 gallon in there until I get it reset at work and ready for fish. We'll see! My wife wants some black Ocellaris so I may sell the big female and move the two small ones into the work tank.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like black clownfish. But, running mostly a 14k to 20k spectrum... Most my fish look black.
I'm currently running way more white than normal. We'll see once I start getting some corals in here. I'm probably going to be dropping the white a lot. Also, my Chinese Black Box light is running 1% white but it's a ton. Without it there's a noticeable LARGE blue streak down the center of the tank that just looks gaudy. When I move the other two Noopsyches over it'll be different. My 5 gallon is probably about 20k, my 75 is around 15k, and my 125 is probably around 10k where I tend to run my FW tanks.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm currently running way more white than normal. We'll see once I start getting some corals in here. I'm probably going to be dropping the white a lot. Also, my Chinese Black Box light is running 1% white but it's a ton. Without it there's a noticeable LARGE blue streak down the center of the tank that just looks gaudy. When I move the other two Noopsyches over it'll be different. My 5 gallon is probably about 20k, my 75 is around 15k, and my 125 is probably around 10k where I tend to run my FW tanks.
I'd like to get 10k going. My torch isn't having it. I got a pouty little bleep. Raised whites by 3% and 4 heads act like they're going to die. I'll try again in a month. If they don't commit seppuku.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd like to get 10k going. My torch isn't having it. I got a pouty little bleep. Raised whites by 3% and 4 heads act like they're going to die. I'll try again in a month. If they don't commit seppuku.
I like the 15k spectrum. Enough white to see good but plenty of blue to pop those corals! Too much blue might conflict with Eli's colors though, so I can understand you wanting more white.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the 15k spectrum. Enough white to see good but plenty of blue to pop those corals! Too much blue might conflict with Eli's colors though, so I can understand you wanting more white.
I like the yellow on her. She looks like scorpion from mortal kombat. Having her swimming around is awesome. I'd prefer seeing color and not mostly black on my fish. Coral color is nice and all. I think I'm getting bored of them.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh yeah, and the sand arrived! I'll be grabbing some Portland tomorrow on my way home from work and start building some rocks!!! I'm planning on trying to remember to take pictures (and maybe ae video) and maybe I'll save them for the next giveaway asking for new posts? Don't worry, I'll post them on here as well!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, and the sand arrived! I'll be grabbing some Portland tomorrow on my way home from work and start building some rocks!!! I'm planning on trying to remember to take pictures (and maybe ae video) and maybe I'll save them for the next giveaway asking for new posts? Don't worry, I'll post them on here as well!
R2r: update your build thread for an entry.
Me: the news is there is no news. I guess I'll put water test results.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I always think about what I'd want to remember in 5 years.
Hopefully I'll be going back fondly to remember the start of my saltwater experience.
I try to put what I'd want to see later.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I made 3 shelves and a rock. I didn't take pictures of them since they were testers. If they turn out good, I'll get pictures before I vinegar soak and freshwater soak them. If they don't turn out it'll be an experiment failed so no pictures needed?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made 3 shelves and a rock. I didn't take pictures of them since they were testers. If they turn out good, I'll get pictures before I vinegar soak and freshwater soak them. If they don't turn out it'll be an experiment failed so no pictures needed?
We want fail pics to. Also, you didn’t really fail, as you can bust them up and use in other rocks you make.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the old Reduce, Recycle, Reuse slogan works here. I reused some of my old coral shipping styrofoam containers as the containers for the rocks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back