125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I'm a little slow here but what's the point of paying for Prime? When I don't pay for Prime they quote me a week and it shows up in 3 days. When I pay for Prime they quote me 2 days and it takes 4 to get here... I don't get it.
My husband says the same exact thing. He won't pay for prime. He hates buying from amazon

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bad fish pics. Tonights topic!
20220825_102922.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm a little slow here but what's the point of paying for Prime? When I don't pay for Prime they quote me a week and it shows up in 3 days. When I pay for Prime they quote me 2 days and it takes 4 to get here... I don't get it.
With as infrequently as I order from Amazon, it doesn't make sense. I'll just pay for shipping or get the 1 month free and cancel.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With as infrequently as I order from Amazon, it doesn't make sense. I'll just pay for shipping or get the 1 month free and cancel.
That's what we do. 1 week and then cancel only if we need fast shipping. Usually we use the $35 minimum for free shipping so no Prime needed.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what we do. 1 week and then cancel only if we need fast shipping. Usually we use the $35 minimum for free shipping so no Prime needed.
Ended up paying for shipping when I got my books last week. But I went third party to save $20 per book. Well worth the $7 shipping.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No go. He looked decent in the tank so I had her net him into one of the little containers so I could get a closer look at him. He was tiny, skinny - not emaciated but skinny for sure, and he kept rolling over and playing dead. His size was the main thing that has me concerned - smaller than anything else in the tank and already skinnier than yesterday.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good call then. Everything happens for a reason.
It's at the Petco by my work. I have to go in to the office on Monday. I may stop by on my way home and just see how it looks. Who knows, maybe I'll convince myself I need the Lavender Tang if my wife isn't there to say no?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's at the Petco by my work. I have to go in to the office on Monday. I may stop by on my way home and just see how it looks. Who knows, maybe I'll convince myself I need the Lavender Tang if my wife isn't there to say no?
Trust your inner horse trader... if it looks lame don't buy. If it just looks tired, you can get it the sleep it needs ;)

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let me start this by stating I love the overflow box - it is super quiet.

Ok, now that that's taken care of - this overflow box is meant for a minimum 125 gallon tank. It's also rated for a flow rate of 1250 gallons per hour. I have an 800 GPH return pump with a valve to divert some of the flow back into the sump. If I turn the pump on fully my tank will overflow. If I open the weirs on the overflow box more to help handle the additional flow my sump will overflow. My sump is rated for a 125 - 225 gallon tank and 1250 gallons per hour of flow - same as the overflow box.

Also, because I'm only running about 700 gallons per hour (probably closer to 550 with head loss) and my overflow is rated for 1250 I can't keep siphon in both siphon tubes.
IMG_20220829_165050595.jpg

I think I like the traditional overflow boxes with the "castle" weirs instead of slots cuts in the front.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I'm fairly certain that my Melanurus is a female. It's a beautiful fish but it lacks the intricate face markings and still has the eye spots on the dorsal fin. She's big enough that it's unlikely to be a juvenile. She could become a male still but I'm happy either way. She's active, fat, and always grazing on the rocks.

Also, I checked the pH on the DIY rocks again - it dropped to 4.6.…. I took a look at the probe and saw that the "bulb" is broken. This is getting returned. I just got it a couple of days ago. It was delayed by a day and, when I received it, it was hot enough I almost couldn't hold it. Not sure if the heat cracked it or if it was broken from before getting loaded in the truck but I'm not satisfied with a broken pH probe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back