125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm working on convincing the mrs to let me buy the one he was talking about from micro center. if it works, the hanger can be my first print.
My wife literally just walked in and saw the sand. She said "That thing needs to be on hangers instead of those stupid suction cups". My answer: "Well, I'm glad you agree! I actually just designed a 3D project for printing hangers for it. Now if I just had a 3D printer...". Her answer: "We don't have money for that right now."

I thought I had her.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife literally just walked in and saw the sand. She said "That thing needs to be on hangers instead of those stupid suction cups". My answer: "Well, I'm glad you agree! I actually just designed a 3D project for printing hangers for it. Now if I just had a 3D printer...". Her answer: "We don't have money for that right now."

I thought I had her.
so close. Funny thing is I have at least 3 projects right now that would be solved with the printer and I could spend twice as much on the tanks or camper or yard without her batting an eye. She wants me to talk to "an adult" (parent or sibling) to see if its a reasonable purchase.

Make you a deal, if I figure the spouse out, ill share the trick, you do the same.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm working on convincing the mrs to let me buy the one he was talking about from micro center. if it works, the hanger can be my first print.
First thing I did when Sam posted that about the $100 off was look to see where the closest store was... Not close enough. My wife is leaving for the weekend in like 3 hours. Do I ask for forgiveness later? "You never said no specifically... You did say I needed the hangers. There's going to be lots of cool projects you and the kids can do on this for school and co-op stuff..."

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing I did when Sam posted that about the $100 off was look to see where the closest store was... Not close enough. My wife is leaving for the weekend in like 3 hours. Do I ask for forgiveness later? "You never said no specifically... You did say I needed the hangers. There's going to be lots of cool projects you and the kids can do on this for school and co-op stuff..."
I have a store close, but I'm not a new costumer so I need her cooperation for the discount.theres so much to print!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So apparently the only 3D Printer that qualifies is the Elegoo Saturn 2 MSLA 3D Printer.... I'll have to contact the regulating agency for clarification.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Turn of events! My parents are flying home on the 6th (well, back to MO to their temporary home). They're flying into Saint Louis... There's a Micro Center in St Louis and the sale ends on the 8th. My wife is actually potentially onboard (at least for now) with having my parents purchase the printer and ship it to me with the coupon!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn of events! My parents are flying home on the 6th (well, back to MO to their temporary home). They're flying into Saint Louis... There's a Micro Center in St Louis and the sale ends on the 8th. My wife is actually potentially onboard (at least for now) with having my parents purchase the printer and ship it to me with the coupon!
It's a sign.... pull the trigger ;)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at one a while back as well but I am as tech savvy as a tomato. Have fun with it!!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked at one a while back as well but I am as tech savvy as a tomato. Have fun with it!!
Yeah, turns out it's realllllly expensive to ship. It'd cost me $4 more to just buy it on Amazon and I'd have it sooner.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, turns out it's realllllly expensive to ship. It'd cost me $4 more to just buy it on Amazon and I'd have it sooner.
I looked at a couple on Amazon but I didnt want to spend a ton on something i had no clue how to use. And the cheap one i was looking at seemed good enough for beginners but then i would have to learn the software and you know me i just learned instagram and that took over a month to figure out. so i passed.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked at a couple on Amazon but I didnt want to spend a ton on something i had no clue how to use. And the cheap one i was looking at seemed good enough for beginners but then i would have to learn the software and you know me i just learned instagram and that took over a month to figure out. so i passed.
I went and designed a hanger for my fuge on TinkerCad. Got all the measurements and everything perfect only to realize that I made it using hollow blocks. I think I can fix it.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow I missed a lot! In-laws in town for a bit so I was getting stuff ready. I was just thinking… a lot of libraries have 3$ printers available for public use. You may be able to just print at a library.
ill totally print your hangers. Hehe you can start a thingiverse.com account and post the hangers as free download!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back