125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the ender 3 pro saved? Evidently the v2 has some upgrades to the pro. Micro center has them at the same price too, without the new costumer discount.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You have the ender 3 pro saved? Evidently the v2 has some upgrades to the pro. Micro center has them at the same price too, without the new costumer discount.
Yeah, there's just no Microcenter anywhere near me.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Black Friday or amazon prime day may be running a sale?
There's nowhere local that I can buy one so it's going to be Amazon. Microcenter won't ship them. It's sad because there was a Microcenter not far from here when I was growing up but they closed and Circuit City or something took over that location but they've since closed as well.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you have to order it, just make sure you don't pay $60 for shipping...
You're just trying to get me in trouble.
Angry Puppet GIF by Gerbert!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nowhere local that I can buy one so it's going to be Amazon. Microcenter won't ship them. It's sad because there was a Microcenter not far from here when I was growing up but they closed and Circuit City or something took over that location but they've since closed as well.
Just wondering if it was an ender based sale for the v2 or a micro center. Maybe you could get other families in the homeschool co-op to help with the cost. Or sell prints at the farmers market.
If you have to order it, just make sure you don't pay $60 for shipping...
Not too soon?

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wondering if it was an ender based sale for the v2 or a micro center. Maybe you could get other families in the homeschool co-op to help with the cost. Or sell prints at the farmers market.
It's a Micro Center sale. I wouldn't ask the other families to help with the cost because I'd have to share then. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: I am considering teaching a higher level (older kids only) class next semester on TinkerCAD. They'd all need to bring a laptop or tablet but they're only hour long classes so I'd have to print their projects at home for them. That would allow some money for filament but the printer would still be on me to purchase (or I'd have to donate it to the co-op at the end).

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a Micro Center sale. I wouldn't ask the other families to help with the cost because I'd have to share then. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: I am considering teaching a higher level (older kids only) class next semester on TinkerCAD. They'd all need to bring a laptop or tablet but they're only hour long classes so I'd have to print their projects at home for them. That would allow some money for filament but the printer would still be on me to purchase (or I'd have to donate it to the co-op at the end).
For example, my wife is teaching a leather tooling class so she bought tools for herself. Part of the class cost covers a smaller, less expensive set of tools for the students to keep at the end, but hers are out of our pocket.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately for guys like him (and me for that matter) it's rarely "too soon".

My wife doesn't have an account on here (that I'm aware of) so...
Never can tell. good luck with the printer. you could also try to talk her into a filament extruder so you can recycle scrap and misprints. "but it closes the plastic loop"
sharing is caring, or something like that. you could round up on the print cost to help pay it off.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Never can tell. good luck with the printer. you could also try to talk her into a filament extruder so you can recycle scrap and misprints. "but it closes the plastic loop"

sharing is caring, or something like that. you could round up on the print cost to help pay it off.
We have to submit receipts.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I was just talking to my wife about something I found for the Cricut that can be 3D printed and she said, "I know, I found that and these pen holder adapters." I don't want to get my hopes up but now SHE'S doing some research on her own.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I made the deal that if I don't use it 12 times in a year, or is sits idle for 6 months we can sell it after a year. I think that helped sell the idea.
I'd use it 12 times in the first month and then once a month after that? Bases covered.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd use it 12 times in the first month and then once a month after that? Bases covered.
Oh for sure. It made 2 things last night, a frag rack and frag stand. Neither of which fit the plugs I have. today its printing a tool holder for the tools that came with the machine.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back