125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So my acro looked like it was coming back and starting to get some color back... The Urchin decided to play "Hide the Frag" today and I have no clue where he dropped it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my acro looked like it was coming back and starting to get some color back... The Urchin decided to play "Hide the Frag" today and I have no clue where he dropped it.
I know how that goes. Lost several nubs to my urchin.
Looking forward to seeing the battle box.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw someone had some 3D printed clips they were using for frag plugs on racks to keep them from falling out (or walking away with a critter). I had considered using rubber bands but the clip sounds like it would work great! @Projects with Sam , new product idea for the store?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone had some 3D printed clips they were using for frag plugs on racks to keep them from falling out (or walking away with a critter). I had considered using rubber bands but the clip sounds like it would work great! @Projects with Sam , new product idea for the store?
Could crank them out 30 at a time. Also single frag holders ro back glass or overflows.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I ran into this problem with my tuxedo urchin. I actually only buy the frag racks with locking mechanisms now. For one of my one frag holders, I do have a rubber band on the bottom of the plug. I've been wondering for a bit now if it could leach anything into the tank.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ran into this problem with my tuxedo urchin. I actually only buy the frag racks with locking mechanisms now. For one of my one frag holders, I do have a rubber band on the bottom of the plug. I've been wondering for a bit now if it could leach anything into the tank.
That was my concern. I know they start to break down so they probably do leach some form of something. Whether it's enough to harm anything... Some corals and inverts are very sensitive.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Alk - 8.3
Mag - 1230 (got my new magnesium in and it's bringing it up, dosed another 25ppm after testing)
Cal - 400 (will dose a little tonight to bring that up)
pH - 8.21
SG - 1.027 (a little high but not bad, water change tomorrow should bring it down a little - shooting for 1.025-1.026)

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In other news I went through my frag racks from the 75 and I have one that'll be perfect for the Gonis (I hope) so they all have homes when the order arrives. My mushroom corner has some large shrooms so I'ma need to find somewhere for the three of those. My Micro is a loner for now so I can find him a nice spot in the sand until I make a Micro garden rock. The two Milles from SBB can go on my plastic rack and we'll see what comes from BattleCorals (there's probably room on the rack for them also if they're Acros). The BTA and RFA will decide where they want to end up regardless of where I put them. That leaves the chalice, Leptastrea, and Astreopora needing homes. Micro, RFA, Astreo, and Leptastrea might be here Thursday. BC should be here on a Thursday in the next few weeks (probably next week), and SBB I'm hoping for next Thursday.

Long post... I don't remember ordering anything else so hopefully that's it?

Edit: BC just emailed. They're shipping tomorrow for Thursday. Woohoo!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I may have to do that right after a line of designer urchin hats. I've been wanting to throw in some freebies with orders. so-far I've just been adding a few sand frag plug holders. these may be another great add!

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may have to do that right after a line of designer urchin hats. I've been wanting to throw in some freebies with orders. so-far I've just been adding a few sand frag plug holders.
I don't even remember where I saw those clips - I think Facebook.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't even remember where I saw those clips - I think Facebook.
the trick would be to make them so they work with egg crate where one wouldn't need access to the underside.
when my blue devil damsel was in my *frag tank* he would push offending plugs up n out..

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may have to do that right after a line of designer urchin hats. I've been wanting to throw in some freebies with orders. so-far I've just been adding a few sand frag plug holders. these may be another great add!
Here's my urchin jester hat I designed back a month ago. If you flip it over it doubles as a quail egg cradle.
1669818907663.png

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Calcium added. I'll add more magnesium in an hour or so. Everything is looking healthy today but I definitely need to start slowly beefing up the CUC. Probably need to add two conches. I have 7 or 8 nassarius snails and probably 10-12 Astreas. I rarely see any ceriths but they're around. I have hermits (blue and red and one Scarlett Reef), I think I have 2 nerites and I saw a new young stomatella last night so I have 2 or 3 that I know of. I need a couple of turbos and some more ceriths.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the trick would be to make them so they work with egg crate where one wouldn't need access to the underside.
when my blue devil damsel was in my *frag tank* he would push offending plugs up n out..
Have you seen the frag plug "stake" clips? It's basically a frag plug clip with a toothpick looking piece coming off the end. My guess is it goes deeper into the rockwork making it harder for fish and snails etc to dislodge. Anyway, something like that with more of an offset might work but you'd need two sizes at least for the "normal" 3/4" and smaller plugs and the larger (1", 1.25") plugs.

Here's what Printed Reef has. Something similar but with an offset?
1669827301462.png

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Have you seen the frag plug "stake" clips? It's basically a frag plug clip with a toothpick looking piece coming off the end. My guess is it goes deeper into the rockwork making it harder for fish and snails etc to dislodge. Anyway, something like that with more of an offset might work but you'd need two sizes at least for the "normal" 3/4" and smaller plugs and the larger (1", 1.25") plugs.

Here's what Printed Reef has. Something similar but with an offset?
1669827301462.png
I bought these from printed reef. They work, but the stems are tall. I'm thinking of cutting some of them to 3/4 the length and you really need a straight hole in the rockwork to work these in otherwise they just stand above the rock. I really like their sand plug stands. I bought two more sets after the first ones I got.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought these from printed reef. They work, but the stems are tall. I'm thinking of cutting some of them to 3/4 the length and you really need a straight hole in the rockwork to work these in otherwise they just stand above the rock. I really like their sand plug stands. I bought two more sets after the first ones I got.
Check out https://parlaquatics.com/ for some other great printed items by one of our own resident friends!

Back