125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Twin Spot is "Ugh, Stupid Fish!"
My watchman is named "Clown", this is why. Yes he is touching the nem tents and sits in the dang thing lol.

He does not like the phone, but I do plan to setup the camera at some point and get him when he is all laying in it lol.

It is a sebae, so not really a super sticky and fish eating nem, but still lol.

IMG_8069.JPG

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Springeris.
I like it too. got it mostly when I started getting hammers as they can eat flatworms. but I haven't seen a flatworm before or after and I'm not sure it would know what to do. I never see it pick at things. To me it's now kind of like a dither fish. doesn't really need to stand out, just exist and allow others to be stars.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like it too. got it mostly when I started getting hammers as they can eat flatworms. but I haven't seen a flatworm before or after and I'm not sure it would know what to do. I never see it pick at things. To me it's now kind of like a dither fish. doesn't really need to stand out, just exist and allow others to be stars.
I have seen three flatworms but that was when I got my torches. I'm pretty sure the Melanurus got them because I hadn't seen any for a bit before I got the Springeris. I'm pretty sure I have a male and female Springeri so I'm thinking there won't be any agression between the two. So far they both hang out and kinda protect each other.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen three flatworms but that was when I got my torches. I'm pretty sure the Melanurus got them because I hadn't seen any for a bit before I got the Springeris. I'm pretty sure I have a male and female Springeri so I'm thinking there won't be any agression between the two. So far they both hang out and kinda protect each other.
I e thought about getting another. My tank should be big enough if they fight. Or return the one I have for two new that get along.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I e thought about getting another. My tank should be big enough if they fight. Or return the one I have for two new that get along.
I think the males have the super black swirls while the females the black swirls are more muted and hidden.

Hard to see the black but I think you get the point?
Male
IMG_20230105_163851104.jpg
Female
IMG_20230105_163827804.jpg

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lift that's the difference. I likely have a male.
I think Springeris are supposed to be ok in groups but I'd look for a likely female if adding another one just to be safe.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Weird... According to Reef Builders the more blue one that I thought was a female is a true Springeri while the more black one I figured was a male is actually not a Springeri but a close relative that has yet to be named. They "are in the process of describing it" which I assume means they are classifying it still. That was in 2010 though, so who knows...

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just looking at my oldest PJ Cardinal... He missing his pectoral fina and has been since I got him. He doesn't look weird until he gets next to another one and it becomes noticeable.

Since we're naming our fish, maybe I'll call him "Harold"

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unsure why it's taken me until now to grace you with my presence. Nevertheless, I am here now and will hang around like something that only a few heavy doses of penicillin will get rid of. No need to thank me.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unsure why it's taken me until now to grace you with my presence. Nevertheless, I am here now and will hang around like something that only a few heavy doses of penicillin will get rid of. No need to thank me.
Lol I thought you were going with herpes before I got to the penicillin… I see we still have some getting to know each other :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome. I think I understand why you don't have your own build thread.
Robert Pattinson GIF by NETFLIX

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unless you are space limited, I'd hold off for something a bit bigger.

Not sure it's worth the hassle to get a little more volume.
Not space limited, just had the 125 in the garage. A 180 is a similar footprint of I recall correctly. 6" wider and @ little taller.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unless you are space limited, I'd hold off for something a bit bigger.

Not sure it's worth the hassle to get a little more volume.
This is also my third tank in 2 years without spending money except for a new sump.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
and what would the wife say if you moved a bigger tank in without her consultation?
Considering she home schools and doesn't go to conferences, I can't just pull a @Projects with Sam ... If I came home with a 200+ gallon tank she probably wouldn't care as long as I got a good deal - she might make me tear down the 110 until the 125 is transferred to the new tank. She probably wouldn't let me buy new equipment though so I'd have to use the MH....

Back