2-3” Carribsea Hawaiian black media
100lbs of purple life rock
Neptune apex with trident and doser
Dosing 2 part
I have a bashea sms-4815 sump
Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer
UV sterilizer
I have a couple of phosban 150scarbon and gfo in

tanks less than a year old I believe he started it in November.

ph ~8.1
Alk - 8.72
Calc - 438
mag - 1327

Nitrates and phos was virtually 0 for both with the hanna tests and there was a cyano bloom which is what got my attention at the start. I turned of all the filtration and dosed microbacter start. The guy who set it up originally went all out, right out the gate and I don’t think the tank properly cycled. Loaded the tank with corals and fish within 2 months. He had so much media, the skimmer full power, bags of carbon and chemipure elite, then switched to the reactors with carbon and gfo. He had tried to add more fish recently but they died before I took over. It has the skimmer in first section and sand/cheato in second.
Reactors plumbed into return

Was wondering what my best options would be for building the sump. Should I do skimmer then cheato and sand in next chamber? Run reactors? Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking just run the skimmer and a ball of cheato an dose redsea nopox. It’s what I do for my tank. Just not too knowledgeable with the

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 125g display w/ mainly euphyllia and a couple nems
A couple tangs and 5-6 other smaller fish
2-3” Carribsea Hawaiian black media
100lbs of purple life rock
Neptune apex with trident and doser
Dosing 2 part
I have a bashea sms-4815 sump
Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer
UV sterilizer
I have a couple of phosban 150scarbon and gfo in

tanks less than a year old I believe he started it in November.

ph ~8.1
Alk - 8.72
Calc - 438
mag - 1327

Nitrates and phos was virtually 0 for both with the hanna tests and there was a cyano bloom which is what got my attention at the start. I turned of all the filtration and dosed microbacter start. The guy who set it up originally went all out, right out the gate and I don’t think the tank properly cycled. Loaded the tank with corals and fish within 2 months. He had so much media, the skimmer full power, bags of carbon and chemipure elite, then switched to the reactors with carbon and gfo. He had tried to add more fish recently but they died before I took over. It has the skimmer in first section and sand/cheato in second.
Reactors plumbed into return

Was wondering what my best options would be for building the sump. Should I do skimmer then cheato and sand in next chamber? Run reactors? Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking just run the skimmer and a ball of cheato an dose redsea nopox. It’s what I do for my tank. Just not too knowledgeable with the
Skimmer yes and micron particulate capture with filter socks
Refugium is optional for nitrate management
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING ISSUE LIKE THIS UNDER EMERGENCY
We have persons who lost 5 fish yesterday, one with his corals suddenly bleaching, clown swimming upside down- Thise are emergencies and require immediate attention

OP
OP
B

bigmoose52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer yes and micron particulate capture with filter socks
Refugium is optional for nitrate management
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING ISSUE LIKE THIS UNDER EMERGENCY
We have persons who lost 5 fish yesterday, one with his corals suddenly bleaching, clown swimming upside down- Thise are emergencies and require immediate attention
Wasn’t trying to, It was the only option and I had to choose one apparently to post. Sorry new to posting here.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No worries it was an accident and I fixed it for you!! Happy to have you here!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back