125g reef tank Viparspectra 300w set up

Chris Romani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchased two 300w viparspectra lights for my 125g tank. This tank has been fish and live rock only for past 6 months but now wanting to open up options for corals. My question is, what is a good light spectrum setup for my current equipment? I like the idea of setting the blues to turn on an hour before and an hour after the whites. What time range would you suggest? Also what percent of blues/ whites? Thanks!

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchased two 300w viparspectra lights for my 125g tank. This tank has been fish and live rock only for past 6 months but now wanting to open up options for corals. My question is, what is a good light spectrum setup for my current equipment? I like the idea of setting the blues to turn on an hour before and an hour after the whites. What time range would you suggest? Also what percent of blues/ whites? Thanks!

I had the same light on my 40g breeder and my setup was:

white channel @ 25% and Blue channel @ 80%
Blue channel (I think is channel 1 ) on at 10am and off @ 22:00
White channel (channel 2) on @ 11am and off @ 21:00

May some one else have use a different setup but that one works great for me.

OP
OP
Chris Romani

Chris Romani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same light on my 40g breeder and my setup was:

white channel @ 25% and Blue channel @ 80%
Blue channel (I think is channel 1 ) on at 10am and off @ 22:00
White channel (channel 2) on @ 11am and off @ 21:00

May some one else have use a different setup but that one works great for me.

Thank you!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have typical black box lights and I have white at about 25 and blue at 75. I have just the blues on for about two hours each night and morning. Lights go out at 9:00 PM and come back on at 6:00. I'm not growing SPS due to the newness of my tank, but the light works for everything else. Your settings depend a lot on the depth of your tank and what you plan on keeping.

OP
OP
Chris Romani

Chris Romani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. My tank is a standard 125g; 72/18/24 inches. I would like to keep sps and other soft corals.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run White/Blue at 20/80, but I just have them set to turn on the same time. I will be running 3x of the 300W Mars Aquas (same light really) and since I'll be stuck with 6 power-cords now, I will probably connect all blues to one cheap power strip, and all whites to another, then connect both power-strips to the apex and then maybe I'll play around with the blues being on earlier and longer..... but as it is now, I have no "ramp up"

Andy Bliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just purchased and fitted a VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control 300W LED and am interested in peoples opinions of this light?

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just purchased and fitted a VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control 300W LED and am interested in peoples opinions of this light?

Great light that’s grow anything when is setup at the right percentage and distance from the surface. This light can bleach corals if is not setup properly.

Jason edsall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i wanted to check in and see how your corals were growing Chris and see if you have any recommendations. I have a 90 gallon tank and 2 - 300W Lights. I was wondering what settings of white/blue you are using and if your corals were thriving. I’m trying to adjust mine but keep getting algae growth, any recommendations on how to cut down algae and grow corals? I just bought my first Zoas and and don’t want to kill them. Thanks in advance.

Wolf94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonjour

J'ai 3x165w sur un tank de 150cm et 50 de hauteur d'eau.
les rampes sont placées à 20cm de l'eau.

pour le soft, quelle valeur dois-je mettre les blancs et les bleus ?

en France, j'ai lu que les blancs sont à 40 ou 50%, pourquoi c'est si différent ici ?

merci pour les paramètres, je suis perdu.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back