Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the crab. I’ve had that happen with an emerald, where it just wouldn’t molt until it died. Coralline was growing on the shell.
She had coraline on hers too. She actually had it when I got her and thought about you when I saw it. I had remembered you have said that once before. She was the only girl in the lot though, so I took the chance.

I may see if Petco has any (gasp) :face-with-hand-over-mouth:. They are around the same cost and typically bigger from there. Since it will go in the QT first, I'm not worried about all the yuckies their livestock may be caring. We will see.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frustrated Over It GIF by pikaole

She could have had issues from before you got her. One month is not enough time for issues to all come to light with crustaceans. I think I may have lost the arrow crab - I have not seen him around for since his one and only molt (which may have been him)...
Better luck next time!
HAHAHA love the gif!

Thanks and sorry about your arrow. :confused:

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news, my cleaner shrimp in Biocube is Massive (capital M, Massive). He appears to have a gimpy leg. I'm not sure how much longer he is going to be around. Some other people were talking about the cost of those now. I looked it up and my coral store has them for $35+ and they are like an inch big, just tiny little things. I told my husband I couldn't believe how much they are. He couldn't either and then responded with, "Does that mean we have a $200 cleaner shrimp in our tank!?!?!?!"
I just roll my eyes :winking-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well more bad news on the invert home front. My husbands prized "$200 cleaner shrimp" :face-with-tears-of-joy: died at some point in the evening. I'm not surprised. As I reference earlier, he was looking like he might not have much more time left in him. Guess I need to add that to my list of things to purchase.

IMG_1940.jpg

RIP little Massive dude. You were definitely one of my favorites. :confused:

In other news, my new media basket for the cube came in the mail yesterday! I was super excited to get it out of the box and into the tank but I havent been feeling super great. If I don't have the energy tonight, I will post more about it Tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Last edited:

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well more bad news on the invert home front. My husbands prized "$200 cleaner shrimp" :face-with-tears-of-joy: died at some point in the evening. I'm not surprised. As I reference earlier, he was looking like he might not have much more time left in him. Guess I need to add that to my list of things to purchase.

IMG_1940.jpg

In other news, my new media basket for the cube came in the mail yesterday! I was super excited to get it out of the box and into the tank but I have been feeling super great. If I don't have the energy tonight, I will post more about it Tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great week!
So sorry about the shrimp. They're always some of the most entertaining little creatures. The cost is outrageous. $50+ at my LFS right now.

Feel better!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So sorry about the shrimp. They're always some of the most entertaining little creatures. The cost is outrageous. $50+ at my LFS right now.

Feel better!
I might bite the bullet and buy the ones from my lfs. Close to 40, but better than 50.

Sorry about mrs. crabby patty :(

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1940.jpg

In other news, my new media basket for the cube came in the mail yesterday! I was super excited to get it out of the box and into the tank but I have been feeling super great. If I don't have the energy tonight, I will post more about it Tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Oh Man, bummed to hear about your Skunk Cleaner and Emerald. I also had a surprise death from a female Emerald that could have been from a bad molt. I did accidentally end up with a male too who is still going strong and getting huge.

I love the inTank media and fuge basket. They hold up very nicely and mine grew Chaeto pretty well too. As my Chaeto grew out of control i even added some to the media basket because why not :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: . Small amount of spam for reference.
IMG_3631.jpeg

I wanted to ask what skimmer you are using for the Biocube? I missed it on the thread somewhere and have been thinking about adding one.

Later days,

B-Kind

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Man, bummed to hear about your Skunk Cleaner and Emerald. I also had a surprise death from a female Emerald that could have been from a bad molt. I did accidentally end up with a male too who is still going strong and getting huge.

I love the inTank media and fuge basket. They hold up very nicely and mine grew Chaeto pretty well too. As my Chaeto grew out of control i even added some to the media basket because why not :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: . Small amount of spam for reference.
IMG_3631.jpeg

I wanted to ask what skimmer you are using for the Biocube? I missed it on the thread somewhere and have been thinking about adding one.

Later days,

B-Kind
8A011456-FFC2-4636-9B66-4FC9D29EE660.jpeg

I’m using the corallife v2 skimmer with the clip so I can install the intank media basket diverter. Honestly, quality wise, I’d rather have a different skimmer. There are more options available if you use the “fuge” side of middle chamber for a skimmer. However since you are utilizing that as a fuge, it’s not really an option.. Depending on if you use the lid or not, something like the ICECAP K1-NANO PROTEIN SKIMMER, might work. Although I don't know much about its performance. I'm still researching options for its replacement at some point.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8A011456-FFC2-4636-9B66-4FC9D29EE660.jpeg

I’m using the corallife v2 skimmer with the clip so I can install the intank media basket diverter. Honestly, quality wise, I’d rather have a different skimmer. There are more options available if you use the “fuge” side of middle chamber for a skimmer. However since you are utilizing that as a fuge, it’s not really an option.. Depending on if you use the lid or not, something like the ICECAP K1-NANO PROTEIN SKIMMER, might work. Although I don't know much about its performance. I'm still researching options for its replacement at some point.
Finding a skimmer for the Biocube is not easy. I actually had the Corallife V2 skimmer at one point. It did OK at pulling skimmate but it was weirdly loud so i gave up on it. I dont throw much away but i tossed it, doh :rolleyes:.

I do have the lid still on as i like the aesthetic. I have thought about a possible hang on back/side option and cutting the lid to allow it to fit but finding one with good reviews and isnt too bulky continues to be a challenge. Soooo #Biocubelife

B-Kind

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't always. But, some peppers have torn coral apart eating them.
So make sure they are well fed? I only
Got them to hopefully go after so small aiptasia . They go after coral I will have to put another shrimp on the Barbie

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a typo? Did you mean to say back burner?

How are the corals doing? :)
Corals are doing great… but maybe not when I unleash these devil shrimp :eek:
And no.. I will 100 percent cook their A’s if they go after my candy canes or Duncan

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back