Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how a springari would fare in there..
Jason brought up a certain kind of damsel… I’m hesitant because it’s a fishless tank. I don’t understand how these things just don’t even care with the flatworm exit. I might have to consider dropping a fish predator in there temporarily.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason brought up a certain kind of damsel… I’m hesitant because it’s a fishless tank. I don’t understand how these things just don’t even care with the flatworm exit. I might have to consider dropping a fish predator in there temporarily.
He would recommend the same. Springari Damsel.

There is a certain amount of immunity gained over multiple exposures. In how long are you putting the carbon in?

After so many treatments I was getting the same thing as you so ended up leaving the full 10x treatment in overnight or something crazy like that.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He would recommend the same. Springari Damsel.

There is a certain amount of immunity gained over multiple exposures. In how long are you putting the carbon in?

After so many treatments I was getting the same thing as you so ended up leaving the full 10x treatment in overnight or something crazy like that.
Wow really???? I put the carbon back in after 2ish hours .

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow really???? I put the carbon back in after 2ish hours .
Yes I did at least two overnights. The adverse affects are caused by the mass die off of flatties. If you've got some stragglers left, Especially with no fish, I would be leaving it in longer.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait seriously? :grinning-squinting-face: Yes I have a biocube 32, my main tank and and evo 13.5 which acts as a fishless and coral QT:face-blowing-a-kiss:
Really?

Can I see a picture of both tanks in the same post? I never knew this.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earl splam since I was removed from notifications.
20220905_205340.jpg

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13BFA97F-D46C-4859-8A32-18DC299C536C.jpeg

@Mibu This was taken from several months ago but this is what they look like. The ones I have now are the same but don’t ever get this big anymore. They stay much smaller which I though was odd. I never tried to do anything to get rid of them until recently, they don’t seem to bother anything.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
13BFA97F-D46C-4859-8A32-18DC299C536C.jpeg

@Mibu This was taken from several months ago but this is what they look like. The ones I have now are the same but don’t ever get this big anymore. They stay much smaller which I though was odd. I never tried to do anything to get rid of them until recently, they don’t seem to bother anything.
You still have these after treating with fw exit?

If you do, take one out of the aquarium. Get a pint of your tank water and place a drop of fw exit in the container. See how they respond.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still have these after treating with fw exit?

If you do, take one out of the aquarium. Get a pint of your tank water and place a drop of fw exit in the container. See how they respond.
yes and will do. I have treated several times every other day. The last time I did 3 x the dosage and left the carbon out for 12 hours. It did nothing. :confused-face: I'm kind of at the point of giving up since they mainly stick to the glass and dont bother anything. I will try what you suggested and let you know what happens.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look like ghost fw. You could look into a scooter blenny. They will need to be supplemented with pods after fw are gone.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes and will do. I have treated several times every other day. The last time I did 3 x the dosage and left the carbon out for 12 hours. It did nothing. :confused-face: I'm kind of at the point of giving up since they mainly stick to the glass and dont bother anything. I will try what you suggested and let you know what happens.
There is one more option, peroxide, there is a safe dose, we will need to test to see how they react as well. You will also need to filter these as they will float off stunned. Until you get the said fish recommended by @F i s h y and @Lost in the Sauce

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look like ghost fw. You could look into a scooter blenny. They will need to be supplemented with pods after fw are gone.
Thanks! Yeah I've been given a couple options has far as fish predators. The evo (which is the tank they are in) is fishless, so I was trying to avoid that if possible. I was hoping to knock them all out before I move my corals over to the biocube, which is not fishless. I guess if any make it over, I could just add a recommended fish in there. I don't have much luck with purchasing livestock for nuisance treatments. They usually don't do what I hope they will. So far the only thing that has, is the peppermint shrimp I purchased for aiptasia control.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually forgot fw exit directions, we'll text 1 drop per gallon of water, if no effect, 2 drops, and still nothing... I am going to say very resistant.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually forgot fw exit directions, we'll text 1 drop per gallon of water, if no effect, 2 drops, and still nothing... I am going to say very resistant.
I was at 5x dose and @Lost in the Sauce was up there as well... it takes a lot. And it never affected coral inverts or fish...

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at 5x dose and @Lost in the Sauce was up there as well... it takes a lot. And it never affected coral inverts or fish...
My trochus and stomatellas seem the most sensitive to it. They started falling off the glass and rocks and hiding.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trochus and stomatellas seem the most sensitive to it. They started falling off the glass and rocks and hiding.
I'd also echo this. I got up to about 3x the recommended dose before I really saw it working. Snails were the only other creatures that seemed to struggle with it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back