Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dance Girl GIF by IgniteKC

she is doing a pretty super worm

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bite the bullet and get a nice damsel that was recommended. If healthy, you shouldn't worry about treating ick and velvet, they have a much scarier monster that kills them. No treatment will save their lives. Uronema. Only certain fish are prone to it. And while it sits in the 13g, you can watch to see if it is clean of the bacteria. There really isn't any reason not to try at this point.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d agree - best option to control in this case is a natural predator. You are doing everything you can, but sometimes that isn’t enough. Best to get something nature designed to hunt flatworms.
I’m not sure that all damsels are susceptible to uronema, it’s more limited to chromis (also anthias and certain wrasses). You don’t see it too often in springers, blue, etc..

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent the last 10 minutes just watching the webcam on my tank because my peppermint shrimp is either having a party or has lost its mind. Maybe it does this daily and I have just never noticed, or something unusual is up. Today it has been swimming in the upper 1/3 of the tank, doing flips and climbing the glass. I have only ever see it hang out in the rocks or on the coral. :thinking-face:. The other one-eyed peppermint shrimp has been MIA for days, so I think that one is gone. The only other things in the tank are murder hermit, a bristle worm :flushed-face: and snails. Could this be an indication that something is up with the water quality or is one of the many odd invert behaviors that come and go? I guess we will see when I get home... :thinking-face:
IMG_3218.jpg
IMG_3220.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermint swims around like crazy every night. Sounds like normal behavior on that end.
I can’t comment about the disappearance, other than I hope it’s just hiding!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermint swims around like crazy every night. Sounds like normal behavior on that end.
I can’t comment about the disappearance, other than I hope it’s just hiding!
thanks ... I have seen mine swim around during the night but I thought it was odd for a daytime activity. Ive learned, not to get too concerned with odd behaviors. Ill check a few things when I get home but probably just chalk it up to inverts being inverts :winking-face-with-tongue:.

Thanks for the encouragement about the other. I'm pretty sure it gone at this point. I've fed the tank several times and haven't seen it come out to eat. I was looking all around one day and that when I saw the worm poke out from one of the my rocks.
Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

If either of my shrimp were "true" peppermint, I would have said the one that disappeared was most likely. However, as long as whatever is in there is keeping any new aiptasia under control and not touching anything else, I'm ok with just the one. I have lost some snails and probably the peppermint over the last week. I think it could be the heavy amounts of flatworm exit I was using. I also started getting a big increase in cyano. Since I have stopped dosing, that has started to go away and things are calming back down. I've given up on that route for now and still evaluating other suggested avenues. :winking-face:.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C77C34B3-6B3C-472A-87A4-3BA806BA1351.jpeg

Pulled this dude out of evo during feeding time last night. Probably over two inches once he started crawling.
Paris Hilton Reaction GIF

I know some people like to have them in their tank. I have a thing about house centipedes, and these remind me too much of them. I probably wouldn’t have made a special effort to get it out but he was just chilling out under my GSP so I grabbed it with the tweezers. At least my GSP did something good for once :winking-face-with-tongue: :face-with-rolling-eyes: Hope everyone is having a fantastic week. Good things are happening this weekend at our house!
Rebel Wilson Party GIF by How to be Single

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy birthday @rmorris_14 !!!

About the bristle worms, I like them. I think they are super cute and I wish I had more.

But I have a friend who hates them because their last house had them everywhere, including coming out of the drain pipes.

:p;):grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FA06DA2A-1157-4331-AB59-F4EB16F70692.jpeg
44CA51A7-3BDD-4325-BA91-3D0FB9095C52.jpeg
702EC0F0-4C29-438B-ABA0-B6A206BB488B.jpeg

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! It was an eventful weekend to say the least. Lots of good friends, laughs and lots of Alcohol :dizzy-face:
Clean up day is always the worst.
7AE4FE22-C016-410F-BB9C-1C1611D8FF37.jpeg

:smiling-face-with-sunglasses::zany-face::sleeping-face::face-with-head-bandage::dizzy-face: Just finished a delayed tank maintenance and now I’m going to go crawl into bed and pretend work isn’t happening tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It’s gonna take me a minute to recover from mine.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FA06DA2A-1157-4331-AB59-F4EB16F70692.jpeg
44CA51A7-3BDD-4325-BA91-3D0FB9095C52.jpeg
702EC0F0-4C29-438B-ABA0-B6A206BB488B.jpeg

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! It was an eventful weekend to say the least. Lots of good friends, laughs and lots of Alcohol :dizzy-face:
Clean up day is always the worst.
7AE4FE22-C016-410F-BB9C-1C1611D8FF37.jpeg

:smiling-face-with-sunglasses::zany-face::sleeping-face::face-with-head-bandage::dizzy-face: Just finished a delayed tank maintenance and now I’m going to go crawl into bed and pretend work isn’t happening tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It’s gonna take me a minute to recover from mine.
Homie, you Look like you had a Very fun birthday night!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back