Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a few skunk cleaner shrimp. As for starfish, I’m really into the Fromia:

5FB19017-78DC-496E-AEC0-366810DC3F43.jpeg

They have a much better track record than Linkias. And they have the red color that I’m after. :)
I mean it looks gorgeous! Just did a quick read on them. Nothing stuck out as hugely concerning. I'm excited to see how it goes if you are able to get one.
Happy Well Done GIF by Laff

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I mean it looks gorgeous! Just did a quick read on them. Nothing stuck out as hugely concerning. I'm excited to see how it goes if you are able to get one.
ditto
time bandits GIF by Nick

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! No hidden catches. I read some reputable people @evolved
say that this is the order of difficulty: Linkia>Echinaster>Fromia

Echinaster looks like linkias, but they seem to be prone to eating sessile inverts, so that’s why I’m going with Fromia.

Live aquaria had them in stock a few days ago, so they seem to be readily available. I’m not ready for them yet (my QT is full), but they are definitely next on the list.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a few skunk cleaner shrimp. As for starfish, I’m really into the Fromia:

5FB19017-78DC-496E-AEC0-366810DC3F43.jpeg

They have a much better track record than Linkias. And they have the red color that I’m after. :)

Edit: and I will get a banded brittle star. I do have a male emerald crab in my QT. He is so personable, but he killed my other male emerald. So it’s just him. He’s really funny.

Can you get another emerald without telling your son the other one died? Or maybe get a girl and tell your son the truth. :)
My emerald killed a small serpent star, though that one was always one of the more destructive emeralds. It left a brittle star alone (hid in the rocks as opposed to run right past the crab).

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nope! No hidden catches. I read some reputable people @evolved
say that this is the order of difficulty: Linkia>Echinaster>Fromia

But it seems like Echinaster is prone to eating sessile inverts, so that’s why I’m going with Fromia. Live aquaria had them in stock a few days ago, so they seem to be readily available. I’m not ready for them yet (my QT is full), but they are definitely next on the list.
I just had some luck with a foxface rabitfish I got from LA. Great shape great packing... But I wish I just got reactors and got the fish locally from BlueLineCorals dang... I would have saved $65 and those fish don't look nearly as skittish as mine...

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had some luck with a foxface rabitfish I got from LA. Great shape great packing... But I wish I just got reactors and got the fish locally from BlueLineCorals in dang... I would have saved $65 and those fish don't look nearly as skittish as mine...
My foxface looks brown most of the time. It’s a little scaredy-cat.

But they (tangs/foxface) absolutely destroyed all the bubble algae that the new snails brought in. I have no purpose for emerald crabs/pitho crabs anymore.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface looks brown most of the time. It’s a little scaredy-cat.

But they (tangs/foxface) absolutely destroyed all the bubble algae that the new snails brought in. I have no purpose for emerald crabs/pitho crabs anymore.
NO purpose for an emerald crab? :eek:

Ummmmm they are adorable and grumpy !

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

:winking-face-with-tongue:;):face-savoring-food:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input Jay!

Aside from the general cure, which we just went through... is there anything else you recommend?
Sorry, no other recommendation.
Jay

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9E088E47-DACE-4B35-858A-ABDC38116CB1.jpeg

She swamped her shell!!!!!She swapped her shell!!!!! I’m so excited she finally accepted a new shell. To make this EVEN SWEETER is my husband I took bets as to which shell she would choose…. She chose mine!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Season 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons
You are so cute. This is a dream goal for a relationship: to place bets on hermit crabs.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up peeps!!!! Things are still moving SLOW over here.
I added a light to the brine bucket to hopefully help speed up their growth
86AC40D2-A95B-4CE1-894D-4430247F13FB.jpeg

Here is where we are at today. I think it will be 2 weeks soon :thinking-face:
3AA59AB9-CBF0-4BED-8868-9E4FAD97D74D.jpeg

If you are struggling to see them, it’s not your eyes… they are still TINY.. UGGGGHHHH. :grinning-squinting-face:
cardinal is hanging in there but she is still refusing food. :loudly-crying-face:
On the brighter side.. this beauty is enjoying showing off her new shell with a victory lap.
ADF9417A-998C-4EAB-95F9-1237FC47FEA7.jpeg

#winning:grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got authorization... I mean you told your other half that you would be farming brine shrimp in a bucket in the middle of the floor?
Unfortunately I didn’t have the foresight to include that in my wedding vows… :grinning-squinting-face: He did questioned what kind of science experiment I was up to now when he saw the light over the bucket. It started with “Jesus Becky!”
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

^me

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up peeps!!!! Things are still moving SLOW over here.
I added a light to the brine bucket to hopefully help speed up their growth
86AC40D2-A95B-4CE1-894D-4430247F13FB.jpeg

Here is where we are at today. I think it will be 2 weeks soon :thinking-face:
3AA59AB9-CBF0-4BED-8868-9E4FAD97D74D.jpeg

If you are struggling to see them, it’s not your eyes… they are still TINY.. UGGGGHHHH. :grinning-squinting-face:
cardinal is hanging in there but she is still refusing food. :loudly-crying-face:
On the brighter side.. this beauty is enjoying showing off her new shell with a victory lap.
ADF9417A-998C-4EAB-95F9-1237FC47FEA7.jpeg

#winning:grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face::grinning-squinting-face:
Nice nails. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back