Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My post got moderated? Are you sure? I don’t see any of my words being changed in my latest post of this thread (the post before this one).
the part about reefers being over the top right after saying you have that same relationship with your family. ... unless you took that part out... I swear it was there when I started to respond, but then it was gone. WEIRD. :face-in-clouds:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the part about reefers being over the top right after saying you have that same relationship with your family. ... unless you took that part out... I swear it was there when I started to respond, but then it was gone. WEIRD. :face-in-clouds:
lol. I edited it out because I didn’t like the word “over the top” because it has a negative connotation, and I personally think being passionate about reefing is a good thing. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

You are very very quick! :)

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. I edited it out because I didn’t like the word “over the top” because it has a negative connotation, and I personally think being passionate about reefing is a good thing. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

You are very very quick! :)
HAHAHA no worries ... iI thought I was losing it there for a second
Fbi Hippie GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

I also don't see the line on the bottom of a post that says when a post has been edited anymore. It usually says "last edited at such and such time". It's not even there on my own posts anymore.

Lisa Kudrow Omg GIF by Friends

:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHA no worries ... iI thought I was losing it there for a second
Fbi Hippie GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

I also don't see the line on the bottom of a post that says when a post has been edited anymore. It usually says "last edited at such and such time". It's not even there on my own posts anymore.

Lisa Kudrow Omg GIF by Friends

:face-with-tears-of-joy:
When you edit your post very soon after you publish it you won’t get that badge of shame.

If a moderator edits it you get an ugly badge that said “edited by moderator” with the time the damage was done.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
333CF6E6-311C-42A7-82F4-8C8D4335758E.jpeg

I picked up these little glass dishes at a garage sale this morning. A set of nine. My thought was to use these to quarantine my RFAs. Put a little rubble in the bottom and voila. I paid less than what I would have for PVC caps. Glass is ok right?
The fingers are for scale.. and for @Miami Reef nail shaming :face-with-tears-of-joy: ;):winking-face-with-tongue:

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got to go through my moms shell collection to house some future invert friends.
Excited Jurassic Park GIF

I was pretty excited to say the least! She had two huge totes full. :eek:
CEA52002-4D26-47D4-ABD4-25E3341FD66A.jpeg

I’ve been looking for a new shell for my scarlet leg. I had no idea they were so picky and will likely only pick a shell the the same shape of an opening. I spent an hour or more digging through the shells and picking out various shapes and sizes based off what I know my current hermits like. I can’t wait to get some more with my next order.
Here are the ones I decided to take.
D8B7FF3F-D4F6-41F9-80F3-CCCC3D24C0FC.jpeg

she tried to convince me to take both totes but I think my husband would kill me hahahaha. Question: They have been in storage for several years. Should I boil them before use? Or would they be safe at this point?

Also, here he is a picture just because it’s adorable. My son trying to hear the ocean through the shell. :star-struck:
FACB2D57-798A-4F0E-AF97-1D76D8AFD597.jpeg

Happy Easter everyone!
I need a collection like that.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update on the live brine.. we are coming up to week three I think…. wait.. this might be four. I’ve lost track….Here is the current state :flushed-face:
1393AD1C-CE6E-4DE0-8A76-7E07A9F0CAB0.jpeg

Around 2 1/2 weeks, I noticed some big daddies in the bucket. They also started reproducing around this point because there were new babies and I hadn’t added any since the start. Sadly, my cardinal with unknown illness is not interested in eating them. How long can a fish live without having a good meal?
My other fish in the DT have developed a taste for them and go crazy when they hit the water. So it wasn’t a complete swing and a miss. :::insert shoulder shrug emoji here::::
I also can’t believe how much phyto these guys are consuming and I’ve been putting small amounts of egg yolk in there every few days with water water change about 1 a week. I’d consider it a success, besides being bummed that it didn’t urge the cardinal to have a meal. Hope everyone is having a great evening!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Culture is looking great!
Depends on the fish - some can go months. I’d say about a month for a small cardinal like that but I’m not sure.
I’d say this one has gone at least two months without a good meal :(

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been dealing with ammonia and new tank cycling issues. I think I’ve finally got it under control. I’ve also discovered it’s much easier to just give each turbo snail a small piece of nori individually twice a day rather than rubber banding it to the rocks. They respond immediately and grab the nori from the tweezers hahaha Here’s a picture of feeding time :)
C4634BAF-DEB5-4A35-837F-3C28BA8EA9D8.jpeg

I also started getting some algae on the sand!! I think some call it the early tank uglies.. I’m super excited because it means things are progressing.
1D41B935-EC70-4C35-946E-57BA9EF4B26A.jpeg

might be adding some pulsing Xenia soon to see how it goes.
I’ve also been considering getting a Pom Pom crab for this tank.. on paper they sound hilarious and I would love to see a little crab waving tiny anemones around. Lol. If anyone has their own, I’d love to hear their experiences with them.
I’m also still going back and forth and then back and forth some more on what wavemaker to add. I think I like the wider flow of the Nero 3 but now sure if I want to drop that kind of cash or try to go with the jebao SLW that is a little less than half the cost. ;Greedy However the review on the jebao aren’t super positive.
Congrats !! I miss having a small tank set up . Reason I chimed in is you may want to rethink getting Xenia’s as they are invasive and once in the tank they can spread . Unless your really set on them . They can take over a tank especially a small tank . Just my opinion . But anyways it looks great keep up the good work

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats !! I miss having a small tank set up . Reason I chimed in is you may want to rethink getting Xenia’s as they are invasive and once in the tank they can spread . Unless your really set on them . They can take over a tank especially a small tank . Just my opinion . But anyways it looks great keep up the good work
Thanks!!! For chiming in!!!! I have since change direction with the Xenia. I’m now looking into getting the Ruby red Xenia.. which still pulses but it a MUCH slower growing Xenia and doesn’t spread like the regular.. I’m waiting for the call for from my source.. could be any day and I should have some, and some kick A rock flowers. :star-struck:

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had some luck with a foxface rabitfish I got from LA. Great shape great packing... But I wish I just got reactors and got the fish locally from BlueLineCorals dang... I would have saved $65 and those fish don't look nearly as skittish as mine...
My foxface was skittish for about a month , now he follows me around as I walk past . He’s not the king of my tank but he acts like nothing in the tank can harm him . Which is true because of his leathal spines . Overall very non aggressive but not shy anymore

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came upon this thread this morning, as I’m at work, I’ve read when I could and just finished now. I have to say this is one of the best I’ve read! Longer threads I rush to the end so I can see the finished project. Not this one. Great tanks, I wish you continued success, especially when that whole room becomes an aquarium. Your husband has the best ideas!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back