Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COOKIES... :D
WP_20200413_23_34_31_Pro.jpg
I’m more a chip person ;)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creme is where it is at. Chips are for people that microwave their pizza rolls.
You do not want to go there.....

There's an army 420 heads deep that would agree it is perfectly acceptable...

There's also never an excuse to microwave a chef boy already... It's meant to be eaten cold out of the can.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y today I was going over ingredients for a recipe and told my husband it needs washyoursister sauce. he looked a me and then just busted out laughing. He knew exactly what I meant though. ;)
It's actually pronounced worschyoursistarsauce

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
767EED9F-AB87-4F7A-8C15-C68CA8C98F89.jpeg

Trying a new location for the hammer to see if I can get it to fluff up a bit. Closer to the light and more flow variation.
It’s still a little angry from the move. How long do you try a new location before, you make a determination whether or not it likes it better? I’m not super happy with leaving it here unsecured. It is wedge into the rock but my turbo or the murder hermit could cause it to fall. Thoughts?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to give it a week or so to see how it opens or shrinks before moving a coral. Hammers and frogs aren’t too picky, but mine have done best in medium flow and light.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
767EED9F-AB87-4F7A-8C15-C68CA8C98F89.jpeg

Trying a new location for the hammer to see if I can get it to fluff up a bit. Closer to the light and more flow variation.
It’s still a little angry from the move. How long do you try a new location before, you make a determination whether or not it likes it better? I’m not super happy with leaving it here unsecured. It is wedge into the rock but my turbo or the murder hermit could cause it to fall. Thoughts?
I give coral at Least a week in a new location to make a call. Moving less, is more.

As for the snails, a bit of superglue should secure it in place for the time being. If it goes face down in the sand, it will not be a happy camper

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to give it a week or so to see how it opens or shrinks before moving a coral. Hammers and frogs aren’t too picky, but mine have done best in medium flow and light.
I give coral at Least a week in a new location to make a call. Moving less, is more.

As for the snails, a bit of superglue should secure it in place for the time being. If it goes face down in the sand, it will not be a happy camper
So it’s sounds like I jumped the gun trying a new location :face-with-hand-over-mouth:? Since it’s only been where it was a couple of days. Maybe I should move it back to where it was and wait a bit longer to see if it starts extending better? Out of all the corals I got, this one makes me the most nervous about caring for.:confused: And I’m acting like a helicopter mom with it.

I’m not opposed to using the super glue. I just don’t want it to be pain to get off, if it becomes unhappy with the new location. Ive never glued a frag to rock inside the tank before.
Embarrassed GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s sounds like I jumped the gun trying a new location :face-with-hand-over-mouth:? Since it’s only been where it was a couple of days. Maybe I should move it back to where it was and wait a bit longer to see if it starts extending better? Out of all the corals I got, this one makes me the most nervous about caring for.:confused: And I’m acting like a helicopter mom with it.

I’m not opposed to using the super glue. I just don’t want it to be pain to get off, if it becomes unhappy with the new location. Ive never glued a frag to rock inside the tank before.
Embarrassed GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Given this is a small display, I would be trying to place it in an area it can create the Least chaos in the future. That hammer, as it sits right now can reach out and touch another coral 4-5" away from it with sweepers. I would be trying to get it in an area that controls the sweepers with flow, sending them up, or onto uninhabitable open water.

I wouldn't be worried about the light. Jason has those hammers in high light, I've got them from 70 up to 170 and they are all happy.

Super glue under water is really Moderateglue. It's not hard to break off.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes ,leave it be for now moderate not high flow , could use glue no prob,couple of pieces of rubble sandwich in works also.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given this is a small display, I would be trying to place it in an area it can create the Least chaos in the future. That hammer, as it sits right now can reach out and touch another coral 4-5" away from it with sweepers. I would be trying to get it in an area that controls the sweepers with flow, sending them up, or onto uninhabitable open water.

I wouldn't be worried about the light. Jason has those hammers in high light, I've got them from 70 up to 170 and they are all happy.

Super glue under water is really Moderateglue. It's not hard to break off.
I hadn’t even though about the sweepers :::facepalm::: I’ll double check it with a ruler. My husband and I always disagree on how big an estimated inch is :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back