Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not tank related, but it is something we are building so it can go on my build thread. Any guesses?
94E6888A-F659-4344-8690-664399DEE6D1.jpeg

Edit to add a Hint: It's Halloween related. Big surprise there. ;):grinning-squinting-face:
someone's going to be an ant for Halloween!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I wish I was wrong (not a spider fan)... but that's going to scare a TON of neighborhood kids (and adults)!
The goal was two have two but I might have to give up on that dream given how much spray foam and the legs are going to cost. My husband is super into helping, which is making it extra fun. We haven’t fought once and my eye didn’t even start twitching when his spray foam kept falling off because he was making it come out too fast. :winking-face-with-tongue: So Im considering that a marriage win. Hahahaha
Also, I’m super stoked about the beef netting cobwebs we plan on doing!
There is going to be a whole scene. Full Skeletons cocooned in cobwebs and some dressed like exterminators. I also hope to faux board up the windows but that maybe have to be a next year project. We started a little late for all my Ambitions lol.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The goal was two have two but I might have to give up on that dream given how much spray foam and the legs are going to cost. My husband is super into helping, which is making it extra fun. We haven’t fought once and my eye didn’t even start twitching when his spray foam kept falling off because he was making it come out too fast. :winking-face-with-tongue: So Im considering that a marriage win. Hahahaha
There is going to be a whole scene. Full Skeletons cocooned in cobwebs and some dressed like exterminators. I also hope to faux board up the windows but that maybe have to be a next year project. We started a little late for all my Ambitions lol.
So cool. Please post pictures - I can't wait to see the finished product!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
awesome! going all out! I'm usually too floored with all the back to school and costume stuff to really do a good decorating job. Awesome your hubby is into it!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! going all out! I'm usually too floored with all the back to school and costume stuff to really do a good decorating job. Awesome your hubby is into it!
I can’t help it. My mom was always very into Halloween so it’s in my blood. I become full on spooky season nerd. Everytime someone new comes over and it’s not October, I have to explain why I have a life sized vampire butler in my foyer. :face-with-tears-of-joy::zany-face: Each year we go bigger than the previous. My husband said next year we need to start in January, so I have time to work on all the projects. We have already decided on the theme and I’m gathering research and DIY projects for it. I clearly have a problem :face-with-tears-of-joy: I’m pretty sure a 3D printer is inevitably in my future. But I’m holding off on that discussion for now.:face-with-tears-of-joy:

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help it. My mom was always very into Halloween so it’s in my blood. I become full on spooky season nerd. Everytime someone new comes over and it’s not October, I have to explain why I have a life sized vampire butler in my foyer. :face-with-tears-of-joy::zany-face: Each year we go bigger than the previous. My husband said next year we need to start in January, so I have time to work on all the projects. We have already decided on the theme and I’m gathering research and DIY projects for it. I clearly have a problem :face-with-tears-of-joy: I’m pretty sure a 3D printer is inevitably in my future. But I’m holding off on that discussion for now.:face-with-tears-of-joy:
I admire the commitment. I love Halloween, but I'm definitely not that committed. It's awesome you do so much (and I hope you get that 3D printer).

We're house hunting just outside of the city right now in Salem, MA which goes pretty hard for Halloween. The city is gearing up for October and while we've been visiting homes this month I'm realizing just how seriously people take it.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved a couple of my favorites over from the evo into the cube last night
288C6BA7-373C-4D0F-B7DF-45BCFACA447B.jpeg

I had to make room for some new stuff I’m going to be adding this weekend.
Up first…. Drum roll……..
Jimmy Fallon Drums GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

My first RFAs:eek::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
A58180E8-3C1E-4965-8C91-4E2440AD9849.jpeg

Robbie’s picked out the stripped one and I picked out the other. The foot on Robbie’s is already attached… mine…. well it’s being a little more timid.

Also I adding about 20 fainting goats
fainting goat GIF

Just kidding …..I mean Astreas
32A2F424-3D7E-4797-955D-712D376134F1.jpeg

I also picked up another emerald. :::crossing fingers::: I tried to grab a female but the lighting was poor. When I checked when we got back, it’s definitely a male.
BF4B10B2-59E2-42B3-9BB4-C20F731F43C9.jpeg

oh well.. here is hoping this one last longer than Ms. PK.

Everyone is just acclimating. I should have more updates later in the weekend. Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!

edit to add: thanks @Mrs.F i s h y for chauffeuring me and my kids up to Modern. I always forget to take a photo together and regret it later. Always fun.
Community Fist Bump GIF

Last edited:
OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t make it to stage 2 of the additions this weekend. Stayed up a little too late night.. :smiling-face:we just didn’t regular maintenance on the cube. The goal for this week is to redo its rock scape :::fingers crossed::: soaking new rocks in water change water as we speak to get them ready.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back