Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape is really good, I think it’s just a matter of seeing how the corals fill in.
I wouldn’t worry about the goby and pistol, mine will disappear from time to time but always come back out.
CBE2F1ED-DAE4-455E-A72D-739D1A507B28.jpeg

Hubby texted me this on his lunch break… do you see it? :star-struck: …… phew:grinning-face-with-sweat:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said he couldn't even start walking towards the tank before the watchman darted back in... Probably still a little traumatized :grinning-face-with-sweat:.
Wait. I didn’t get the memo that you have a CLOWNFISH inside a TOADSTOOL!!

Last edited:

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest concerns is how little is locked into place to support the top rock. I don't like binding my rocks for maintenance purposes. However, as it sits, I'm worried about the lack of stability. the top rock has a lot of weird shapes where it connects to the other rocks so it is hard fit it, especially trying to do it inside the tank . I didn't want to remove the two very bottom rocks to try to figure it all outside of the tank. I was looking at it this morning (ok .....glaring) and I think if rotate the right middle rock 180 degrees, it will provide more base for the arch rock to grab. It would also create more room for the leather that is currently being pinched. Downside is, I think it would eliminate some or all of the nice horizontal mounting space it is currently creating.

My other grief with it, is that is just kind of clunky looking. Obviously once it fills in with corals it wont be that big of a deal, so I am less worried with astetics, and more first thing I mentioned.
Ahh gotcha. It's a stability issue -that would make me nervous too. Hopefully the rotation fixes it. I'm also in the camp that I don't like to bind my rocks, so I've been there.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1189261F-6FFE-4A5C-B401-05486056E51D.jpeg

I made a evening stop at one of my new favorite places :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :star-struck:. Bagged my own coral. Sorry @Mrs.F i s h y for adding saltwater to your food!!
Sad In A Box GIF

I’m pretty excited about the new lovelies I picked up and couldn’t wait for my reef light to kick on so I could check on themwith the webcam.
I’m giving hammers another go.
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF
Nervous Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I’ll get some better pictures of all the new beauties and post later. Thanks @F i s h y
And @Mrs.F i s h y or being so awesomely fun.
Excited Episode 1 GIF by Friends

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that is awesome. Clowns are the best!
she has started trying to host my new Duncan I moved over, which is one of my favorite pieces. For the last day and a half it has been completely retracted and mad. She and I are going to have words if she is the cause of that.
Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she has started trying to host my new Duncan I moved over, which is one of my favorite pieces. For the last day and a half it has been completely retracted and mad. She and I are going to have words if she is the cause of that.
That can be rough. I have a Warpaint Clown Goby that has recently found my very happy Acan in the RSM causing it to retract. We are fighting...
shoo GIF

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They usually are ticked off at first but get used to it. Clowns living in duncans are pretty common.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popped after an errand and the duncan were half out. So I was pleased. By the time I left there were all back in and she was in close proximity. I’ll give it some more time but she is probably going to jail if this keeps happening to be sure if she is the culprit.
In other news I’m so swamped with trying to pull off an epic Halloween, that I forgot to post my pictures I took last night.

51028E07-C850-40C2-805C-4F95F42D14B5.jpeg 28F7BBE8-79E9-4B76-BA8A-061C23B5D58A.jpeg 750EDC20-23A1-46CF-B4C5-C76AAFFA389C.jpeg 33F37D09-46CA-4849-8AFE-C089259D7E5E.jpeg 493AFD2E-6DFB-4318-9317-6EAEFE7FF479.jpeg

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing your build thread for the first time; the cube looks nice, and those are some cool new finds for your Evo. I used to have an ocellaris clown who took up residence in a toadstool for quite some time before moving into a stand of sinularia. He was a lot of fun.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that bottom hammer is gorgeous!
that bottom hammer is gorgeous!
Thanks! I have a bicolor hammer too that is really cool. It has green on one side and purple on the other.. the purple side is facing the inside of the tank so I haven’t gotten a cool shot of it yet. Too much spider business. :::insert crazy face emoji::::
We are supposed to start working on the legs tonight. It’s the part I have been most nervous for :::fingers crossed::::

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing your build thread for the first time; the cube looks nice, and those are some cool new finds for your Evo. I used to have an ocellaris clown who took up residence in a toadstool for quite some time before moving into a stand of sinularia. He was a lot of fun.
Hey! Thanks for popping in and checking out my thread! I’m a little bit of a slow mover in the hobby, at least I feel like compared to others. But I’m happy with the direction and how things are starting to come together little by little. I wish my clown would just pick one (preferable not the Duncan) and stick with it. So far she has laid claim to both my leather corals and now the Duncan. She is a greedy little thing.

Back