Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splam

20230126_224510.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
100% ANTI crab, can't handle seeing them climbing on acro, although acro crabs are exempt from the list... :)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% ANTI crab, can't handle seeing them climbing on acro, although acro crabs are exempt from the list... :)
Only give them big shells so they are easy to catch and cannot hide. They think they are moving into the big house and then bam... back into the jail house.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha nice try! Feeble attempt :winking-face-with-tongue:

4:30 am wake up to puking kid. :smirking-face:
Took some early morning shots of the cube. Candy cane feeders were out in full force.
AFD10376-6BD3-4EF5-97BA-2E0736CC1764.jpeg

165E667F-BA25-4374-BF76-580D4EB21603.jpeg

I never noticed the green coloration on the inside of the Duncan
2693DADF-8A57-408C-89CA-DD7DE5FB2770.jpeg
F039EB6B-E06F-4048-9946-B9DE3A618E37.jpeg

I don’t like the 4am puking kid wake up.

I do like the sweeping Candy Cane.

Result = no emoticon as one cancels the other.

Sending good and healthy vines to baby bear and some for mama bear to fight off whatever puking illness baby bear is fighting.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the deal was with the husband was... bigger tank and I have to get rid of the others.
I would be interested in helping you with the "others". Just saying.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Cronies and others I need some advice. I am really worried about my long polyp leather.
IMG_4638.jpg

I am going to through out anything I have done in the last week. It might not be related but you will have all the info.
Last Wednesday eveything was looking good. it was a snow day so I decided to run some tests on the cube (32 gallon). I dont normally check ALK in the cube because I had been doing 5 gallon water changes 1 to 2 times per week religiously for over a year. I use reef crystals. The Salifert Alk test came back close to 6. PH 8.15 calc ~450. I mixed 1/4 tsp of baking soda with tank water and dumped half of it in. Waited until the following morning and then put the other half in. I then did another 5 gallon water change because I do those on Wednsday. On Friday (48 hours later) everything was still looking fine Alk was up to 6.3. continued dosing with baking soda and my ALK was 6.8 by Sunday (48 hours later-yesterday) Sunday is when I noticed my duncan had closed. which allowed me to see some bubble alage on it i needed to take care of. I removed the frag and then placed it back on the sand because I didnt have anymore super glue. To make room I moved my Long poly leather to the back corner. It was closed all day yesterday..... leaning but upright. This morning it was still closed and now hunching over. I moved it back to its original spot in case it hated its new location. It and the duncan are still closed. Everything else is fine. The hunching over part is the most concerning part. It has never done this to me. I ordered some red sea test to cross check the salifert because the ALK doesnt make sense to me, given how frequent and the amount of water changes I do, and the other numbers Im getting. The NO3 is usually around 12 in this tank even with the water changes, so I don't think nutrients are an issue?

Any thoughts on what I should check tonight? should I run some carbon? SOS. I know that was a lot to read... TYIA

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
#Cronies and others I need some advice. I am really worried about my long polyp leather.
IMG_4638.jpg

I am going to through out anything I have done in the last week. It might not be related but you will have all the info.
Last Wednesday eveything was looking good. it was a snow day so I decided to run some tests on the cube (32 gallon). I dont normally check ALK in the cube because I had been doing 5 gallon water changes 1 to 2 times per week religiously for over a year. I use reef crystals. The Salifert Alk test came back close to 6. PH 8.15 calc ~450. I mixed 1/4 tsp of baking soda with tank water and dumped half of it in. Waited until the following morning and then put the other half in. I then did another 5 gallon water change because I do those on Wednsday. On Friday (48 hours later) everything was still looking fine Alk was up to 6.3. continued dosing with baking soda and my ALK was 6.8 by Sunday (48 hours later-yesterday) Sunday is when I noticed my duncan had closed. which allowed me to see some bubble alage on it i needed to take care of. I removed the frag and then placed it back on the sand because I didnt have anymore super glue. To make room I moved my Long poly leather to the back corner. It was closed all day yesterday..... leaning but upright. This morning it was still closed and now hunching over. I moved it back to its original spot in case it hated its new location. It and the duncan are still closed. Everything else is fine. The hunching over part is the most concerning part. It has never done this to me. I ordered some red sea test to cross check the salifert because the ALK doesnt make sense to me, given how frequent and the amount of water changes I do, and the other numbers Im getting. The NO3 is usually around 12 in this tank even with the water changes, so I don't think nutrients are an issue?

Any thoughts on what I should check tonight? should I run some carbon? SOS. I know that was a lot to read... TYIA
Let him sit for a bit n stop moving him about. Mine got cranky like that once in awhile without me moving it... now Timmy just munches on it so it never opens.

Alk was up to 6.3.
what was it down to?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back