13.5 Evo Tank Build - Desk Tank

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Tank For My Work Desk

Tank: 13.5 Gallon Evo with Stock Light 200w Heater and Intank inserts ( Chamber one and two )

Current Stock is only a Clown

Debating on making this a Dwarf Seahorse Only tank of swapping out light and going with corals

image1.jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and clean! If you decide to buy a new light and keep the hood, have a look at the Fluval Marine Spectrum 3.0. I have it on mine and it fits in the opening on the lid. I'll find an old post of mine about it and put it here if you want me to. Just let me know!

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!!

So i have made a few upgrades.

I got a custom lid coming next week from Reefing Aint Easy

Added a custom in tank chamber ONE and in tank Chamber TWO media baskets

Upgraded the stock light to a AI Prime 16 HD

Still only one Clown fish, 20 snails, a small ORA bubble coral and 3 heads of duncans so far.

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!!

So i have made a few upgrades.

I got a custom lid coming next week from Reefing Aint Easy

Added a custom in tank chamber ONE and in tank Chamber TWO media baskets

Upgraded the stock light to a AI Prime 16 HD

Still only one Clown fish, 20 snails, a small ORA bubble coral and 3 heads of duncans so far.
That sounds awesome! I like my AI primes for softies/LPS. What other corals are you planning? Any other fish plans?

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds awesome! I like my AI primes for softies/LPS. What other corals are you planning? Any other fish plans?
With the tank being so small, i think i might do a few easy sticks, a torch, some acan, a scoly and some zoas and let it all fill in.

fish i am not sure. I don't want to overload it, so i might move that clown to my frag tank, get some black storms and maybe a goby and shrimp.

Black cap too might be cool.

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of corals coming for this bad boy tomorrow from @Chad Chapman and @Flipsea87

Also ordered a frag rack from @Aquarocks

And a clean up grew from @reefcleaners

This Evo is on my work desk as you can see in the last picture. So, since i see this for 8 hours a day, i went all out! Cant wait to see what its going to look like all finished.

The view i see all day is the 3rd picture which is from the side.

My custom Lid should be here tomorrow from @Reefin-ain’t-ezy

Also waiting on the diffuser box for the AI prime 16 HD as well from @3D Reefin'

image0 (3).jpeg image1 (4).jpeg image2 (2).jpeg Flat-magnetic-shelf-7x3-1.jpg Capture.JPG IMG_6681.jpg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of corals coming for this bad boy tomorrow from @Chad Chapman and @Flipsea87

Also ordered a frag rack from @Aquarocks

And a clean up grew from @reefcleaners

This Evo is on my work desk as you can see in the last picture. So, since i see this for 8 hours a day, i went all out! Cant wait to see what its going to look like all finished.

The view i see all day is the 3rd picture which is from the side.

My custom Lid should be here tomorrow from @Reefin-ain’t-ezy

Also waiting on the diffuser box for the AI prime 16 HD as well from @3D Reefin'

image0 (3).jpeg image1 (4).jpeg image2 (2).jpeg Flat-magnetic-shelf-7x3-1.jpg Capture.JPG IMG_6681.jpg
Nice but to me that’s way too much cleaning up crew for the long run, they will starve to death.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet looking build. i like your scape..
I have the same tank and same light. love it so far. what light setting did you go with for the AI?
I also upgraded the stock return pump to a Sicce 1.0 and love the flow i'm getting. don't really need a wave make at the moment..
I also scraped off the honycomb along the top edge and gave it that rimless look..
Keep up the good work. I'll be following.
Happy I Like It GIF

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice but to me that’s way too much cleaning up crew for the long run, they will starve to death.

@Fishingandreefing

I feed heavy and have other thanks to move then to, order a bunch of frags that have some algae on the plugs so for now they will be ok, once that is gone i'll move to the Frag and Main tank.

Will also put in Algae sheets as well to start.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet looking build. i like your scape..
I have the same tank and same light. love it so far. what light setting did you go with for the AI?
I also upgraded the stock return pump to a Sicce 1.0 and love the flow i'm getting. don't really need a wave make at the moment..
I also scraped off the honycomb along the top edge and gave it that rimless look..
Keep up the good work. I'll be following.
Happy I Like It GIF

@Reef Jockey

I wanted to keep the scape simple and plenty of room for frags.

I haven't picked a lighting setting yet, as i just got the light last night. Any suggestions?

That's a great idea and i'll order the Sicce 1.0 today!

How did you scrape it off? Did you just use a razor?

Last edited:

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Jockey

I wanted to keep the scape simple and plenty of room for frags.

I haven't picked a lighting setting yet, as i just got the light last night. Any suggestions?

That's a great idea and i'll order the Sicce 1.0 today!

How did you scrape it off? Did you just use a razor?
To scrape off the honeycomb, u can just use a razorblade like u mentioned. Start slow and be careful.
If you go kn the AI website, there a bunch of downloadable files in Signature series for those lights. I have also found in FB you can join AIPrime/Hydra Reef Group and they have tons of files people share. Also remember to use acclimation mode because this light is powerful

OP
OP
ForTheLoveOfCoral21

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To scrape off the honeycomb, u can just use a razorblade like u mentioned. Start slow and be careful.
If you go kn the AI website, there a bunch of downloadable files in Signature series for those lights. I have also found in FB you can join AIPrime/Hydra Reef Group and they have tons of files people share. Also remember to use acclimation mode because this light is powerful

Best advice ever! I got rid of the Honey Comb with a Razor and the tank looks 1000x better!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back