• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

14 Day Stay Alive Guarantee with Live Aquaria...not so fast READ THE FINE PRINT

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a trip of anthias from live aquaria. First they came in EXTREMELY smaller than as listed. Ok, tough.

Couple days later, three became two. Looked everywhere, you know in a big reef tank clean up crew get first choice, no carcass. So I reported it dead, reply from LiveAquaria to send pic, explained the carcass is gone, nothing more. Couple days later 2nd dies, same process.

Went to LiveAquaria to make a much larger purchase, and called for the refund. Nope. Went to a Supervisor, very condescending dude named Jacob that referred me to the Return Rules. So yes we read them, together. But Jacob over $80, wanted to "interpret" the rules not read them.

Yes they suggest we have a quarantine tank. Sorry I should be purchasing as they brag, healthy live stock. That is NOT a requirement for 14-Day Stay Alive Guarantee Jacob.

Yes they request we keep the dead specimen and send them a picture, but as I emailed and just explained in a large reef tank things do not die in plain sight as we all know. Especially a tiny 3/4" long 1/4" max diameter baby anthias! They dies in the live rock and get eaten.

SO, the Rules at LiveAquaria are OPEN TO THEIR DISCRETION. Good luck! Better as Jacob said "read the fine print on the last line of the return instructions". I did, legally it does not say clearly you will not get a refund if you do not meet every single intent. And intents as you will read are vague, not exact or else as they should be. Bug again...I thought LiveAquaria and people in WI were not like that. Surprise, Jacob is!

As most know I am a huge supporter of LiveAquaria.com (due to this 14-day and their conditioning animals prior to shipping) and this saddens me that someone like Jacob would be so bold to let his "Customer Services Supervisor" title he was so proud of, get in the way of the hard work the people we know at LiveAquaria have done to build this fine company. For $80.

Sad. I speaking for myself, need to be able to trust our vendors. I hope to call and speaking to management and see what they feel is fair. Hoping for the best.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty good about refunds. Take a picture on a white background. Boom. Done. Kind of hard to expect a refund when you can't even show that the thing is dead. Acclimation box or even QT will solve that.

I've been buying from them for well over a decade and only had one issue, where I used white sand instead of something like a paper towel for a background, but they eventually gave me my refund.

The fish they sell are crazy small though. Only downside.

OP
OP
RedSea500MaxS

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're pretty good about refunds. Take a picture on a white background. Boom. Done. Kind of hard to expect a refund when you can't even show that the thing is dead. Acclimation box or even QT will solve that.

I've been buying from them for well over a decade and only had one issue, where I used white sand instead of something like a paper towel for a background, but they eventually gave me my refund.

The fish they sell are crazy small though. Only downside.

If your tank was full of rock and dozens of large coral, how would you find a dead fish the size of a fat match stick, knowing fish normally go into the rock to die and get eaten but hermit crabs in minutes? A powder blue tang or yellow tang you will find, sooner or later.

It’s gone, dead. Two of three. Is it alive and hiding? Live guarantee...my wiring is Jacob likes being a Judge and interpreting the written rule. Rule does not say no pic no refund. It says to please preserve the carcass and send a pic. Ok...I would love too. Come find it!

If it jumps out of tank, I take picture it’s dead. Claim. Guarantee. Is that fair. No not their fault.

Buyers need to know, including you. Better meet letter of law of Jacob ain’t honoring the high level of customer service we respect from liveaquaria.com....I agree.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back