14 Gallon Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Peninsula PRO AIO Aquarium Bundle

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a new Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion Peninsula PRO AIO Aquarium Bundle for Christmas and here I will be posting my progress and issues that I encounter while building my tank! I am switching from a 10 Gallon NUVO AIO, which is simply too small for me to deal with any issues I encounter. I am currently battling bubble algae, which wouldn't be too much of an issue in a larger tank, but because I have so little water volume, I only have around 5-9 minutes of workable time to remove the bubble algae with airline tubing before I reach 70% water volume (Then I have to stop and add new water).

Current Progress:

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4660.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.58.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.58.47 AM.png

Old Tank:
85EE0D41-65F9-455C-A05F-AEA8316DFF82.JPG

Tank Problem 1:

These darn power outlets. I don't have enough, and they are always in the wrong spot, so the cord kinks or simply doesn't fit in the 2-inch gap.
IMG_4037.jpg

Solution:
I bought a Belkin power bar off Amazon. It's a really tight fit.
Link: Belkin Power Bar 6-Outlets
IMG_4038.jpg

Tank Problem 2:
Mighty Jet Pump makes a vibration and is a bit louder than I expected.

Solution:
I added a bit of tubing on the inlet of the pump to direct the flow better and move the noise under the 1st and 2nd chambers so the sound is muffled by the water and glass.
IMG_4041.jpg

This however didn't fit into the 3rd chamber just yet. Working on a solution now.
Update: No solution, took off tube, is in tank normally but the vibration is still there.

I think I found something! Thank you Reef2Reef. I’m trying this soon, hopefully it fixes my problems.
How to fix Mighty Jet

I tried the video above and not much has changed. The sound is somewhat quieter, but I think it might be something else. People here on Reef2Reef are saying though that there is a “break in period” that I have to pass before it becomes super silent. Right now I am going to continue cycling RODI water and nothing else, just to break in the pump.

Final Pump Issue Verdict:
I contacted Innovative Marine support and they gave me the video seen above. What happened was that during shipping the bushings became dislodged from their original position, leading to the vibrations. I just pushed them back securely into their sockets, and now I am letting the pump wear itself in before adding any salt, sand, or strain. The pump is becoming more silent as time goes on. For the flow it outputs, the pump is definitely a 10/10 in my book. Build will continue soon!

IMG_4036.jpg

Plan Going Forward:
-Use “Stax” rocks to create a multi-level rock structure for my cleaner shrimp (named Fronçois from Finding Nemo) and for my softies to sit on✅

-Put holes into Stax rocks that can hold coral plugs✅

-Sand bottom✅

-Eventually invest in Bluetooth controller for lights or a smart outlet ✅

Stax Rocks came in! This is my planned arrangement
IMG_4207.jpg

I will be cementing it up this weekend! Super excited and super happy! B98FCBDE-BE07-482F-9533-DDEE56393708.jpeg

Last edited:

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Im trying to decide between the IM 14 NUVO or the WaterBox Mini Peninsula 15, plan on purchasing one this weekend.

OP
OP
Mr.Hawkfish

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Im trying to decide between the IM 14 NUVO or the WaterBox Mini Peninsula 15, plan on purchasing one this weekend.
So far it’s been great! I recently got the protein skimmer for it too, perfect combo. The size is really nice, and the custom filter box is really helpful in keeping waste down.

Aeiyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it’s been great! I recently got the protein skimmer for it too, perfect combo. The size is really nice, and the custom filter box is really helpful in keeping waste down.
Small resurrection post reply here. I have the Nuvo Fusion pro 2 version of this 14g peninsula. I'm struggling to find a Skimmer for it that will fit. Do you still have this setup running? which skimmer did/do you use for it if at all? thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Mr.Hawkfish

Mr.Hawkfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small resurrection post reply here. I have the Nuvo Fusion pro 2 version of this 14g peninsula. I'm struggling to find a Skimmer for it that will fit. Do you still have this setup running? which skimmer did/do you use for it if at all? thanks in advance.
At one point I had a skimmer running in the tank. I just got the one from Innovative Marine directly for this tank specifically. It worked nicely, your third chamber will most likely be full all the way though, or else you’ll have too much gas in the water. I eventually took it out to clean and haven’t put it back in because my power bar didn’t have enough outlets. In the future I should definitely run it again though. Once the tank starts looking good again I’ll get some more updates going on this thread
If anyone is curious, at the moment I have a Talbot damsel and a green clown goby, both very happy fish!
I’ve had a few issues with the micro biome, so the tank is bland for the time being

Aeiyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At one point I had a skimmer running in the tank. I just got the one from Innovative Marine directly for this tank specifically. It worked nicely, your third chamber will most likely be full all the way though, or else you’ll have too much gas in the water. I eventually took it out to clean and haven’t put it back in because my power bar didn’t have enough outlets. In the future I should definitely run it again though. Once the tank starts looking good again I’ll get some more updates going on this thread
If anyone is curious, at the moment I have a Talbot damsel and a green clown goby, both very happy fish!
I’ve had a few issues with the micro biome, so the tank is bland for the time being
Thanks for the response. I love the tank but I'm finding it a bit difficult to manage my filtration desires. I may give up on the skimmer entirely if I don't find a solution I like and opt to take a razoblade to the blackout material on the second chamber and sticky tape an AI refugium blade to the glass with Chaeto. At least then I could also sneak in the little IM reactor in there too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back