1400 gallon build

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the beginning of building a house and also my tank. It will be a 12'x4'x4' peninsula fish only. I had built a house a few years back and put another large tank in it as well but sold the house before I could get the tank going. The new owners are dealing with evaporation and some moisture problems now. I want to know what others have done in dealing with these issues that have larger tanks. Thanks for any help.

aquaman30k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these relatively quiet? The tank will be a wall divider between the living room and my office so I would like for it to be as discrete as possible.

I'd say so. It's rated at .8 sone while a refrigerator is rated at 1.0 sone. The lower the number the quieter the device is. :)

OP
OP
MB3

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a variety of humidity control measures for the 1600 gallon system I am building. I have added a link to a video that I created on the subject of humidity control.

I went and looked at all that you have done. That's great work and a huge accomplishment!

OP
OP
MB3

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My equipment room is literally right next to the tank. The water is not having to travel far. Is there a submersible pump big enough to achieve the proper flow rate? If not, is it logical to run multiple pumps to get the right return rate? My goal here is to reduce all external noise coming from motors.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job man!

OP
OP
MB3

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The house is still early in the building phase so I haven't had the tank built yet. Just trying to do some research and get some pricing on all the equipment that will be needed. I will get someone to take some pictures of the space and the room I have dedicated to house all the equipment so I can show everything from scratch.

OP
OP
MB3

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot I started this thread. I actually started a new one pertaining to the thickness of the glass. I'm ready to get it built but I'm stuck now on deciding who to build it. One company has put in my head that I need to use multi layers of glass for safety because of the size. That obviously drives the price up. I've been trying to find other people with similar size tanks to get their input.

OP
OP
MB3

MB3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t help but to laugh at how drawn out this subject has been. I’m finally getting the ball rolling on my tank. It’s supposed to be here in May but with the current state of events I guess that could change. It’s been so long since I’ve been in the hobby so I’m looking for suggestions on equipment. Need some reading material to research so I welcome what everyone has to put out there!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back