15 Gallon Column Saltwater Rookie

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went away on a vacation back in November and the tank sitter over fed like crazy and threw everything out of balance and I haven't quite found the sweet spot since

Not sure if you have one, but a protein skimmer is a way to help with overfeeding.

Larry101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is crazy to see how much my tank has changed since my last post!

It's hanging in there! We went away on a vacation back in November and the tank sitter over fed like crazy and threw everything out of balance and I haven't quite found the sweet spot since. Nothing catastrophic but I did bounce back and forth between hair algae and dino's a time or two now. Biggest thing I did at that point was make smaller changes and not be drastic with any adjustments. Currently I'm in an algae phase but I've been making progress. It's growing slower and spreading less so I believe I'm headed the right direction. I've added a clown and a ton of corals. Here's some photos I took over the weekend!

20200709_182602.jpg 20200709_182735.jpg 20200709_182807.jpg 20200709_182839.jpg 20200709_182941.jpg 20200709_183038.jpg
Wow! That hammer coral has grown so much. Also I love those zoas you have in there. Do you know the name of them by chance? Thanks for the update, I love this build thread!

Last edited:

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That fish is one of the only decisions I haven't been happy with long term. He is a complete jerk! My clown has started to put the damsel in it's place but it's still a jerk. I've been looking to re-home it but haven't tried very hard. I feel a little bad because that was my first fish but the welcome has been worn thin.
Yeah, I felt bad too then I found out he murdered mah boy Jakob, and we were bros. It was hard not to dry him out in the sun because of that.

OP
OP
J

JuniorB721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that would be possible since the aquaclear filter takes up all of the possible space to put hob filtration on the back of the tank.

That's the exact reason I haven't gotten one yet. I was looking at ways to jerry rig something but decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze since I intend on moving tanks in roughly 6 months. I'll have one eventually.

OP
OP
J

JuniorB721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That hammer coral has grown so much. Also I love those zoas you have in there. Do you know the name of them by chance?Thanks for the update, I love this build thread!

I can't get over it looking at these older photos! Unfortunately no, most of these we bought at either a frag swap or from the bargain bin.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back